Where do you keep your tractor?

/ Where do you keep your tractor? #51  
Dave:
What is the brand of shredded that you have there. Boy am I envious. How does it work and how big a branch can you shred?

/ Where do you keep your tractor? #52  
Jason,

It's a Woods 5000 Chipper/Shredder. I have 5 acres, with 4 of them woods: lots of branches and fallen trees. Leaves & small branches up to an inch go in through the shredder on the top. I have a tamper on order, it a little scary pushing leaves down. /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif Eight, nine, ten...yup, I still have all of my fingers. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif It handles up to 5" in the chipper fed on the side. It sucks them right in. I did have on problem long piece of hardwood that slowly slowed down the chipper until it stalled the tractor. /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif That's nearly 27 pto hp. It would probably been better off being firewood. Hearing & eye protection are both a must. /w3tcompact/icons/clever.gif Anyway here's a pic.

Attachments

• 47-184344-chipper_s.jpg
    47-184344-chipper_s.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 91
   / Where do you keep your tractor? #53  
I just keep my tractor in the kitchen so it is always handy. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gifSee Pic.
Actually this is my shop on my acreage about 30 miles from my house and where we will build some day, soon I hope. This is a Mueller Steel building I built. Part is reserved for my shop, the rest is set up so we can go up and spend weekends there. Set it up so that we can live in it temporarily when we decide to start building a house there.

Attachments

• 47-184450-90x.jpg
    47-184450-90x.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 95
   / Where do you keep your tractor? #55  
Dave

What does a Woods Chipper like yours cost and would it fit on a B7500? And do you really have to keep the mulch stored for a year as I've heard to age before it can be used?

/ Where do you keep your tractor? #56  
Until I get my pole barn built I keep my tractor and its implements in my 'Storage Yard'. I just started digging the holes for my 2016 sq. foot pole barn last Sunday.

Attachments

• 47-184514-Storage_Yard.jpg
    47-184514-Storage_Yard.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 96
   / Where do you keep your tractor? #57  
Here is a view of the front of the pole barn I am building as seen on the prints I submitted to the township.

Attachments

• 47-184517-FrontViewJpg.JPG
    47-184517-FrontViewJpg.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 93
   / Where do you keep your tractor? #58  
<font color=blue>"I just started digging the holes for my 2016 foot pole barn last Sunday."</font color=blue>

Spence, please tell me that I need more coffee this morning, or I'm having a senior moment, or I'm just plain dense.

Do you actually mean that you're building a 2,016 foot pole barn???? /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif/w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif/w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

WOW!! Are you ever gonna need a wide angle lens to take a picture of that puppy!! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Note: I just saw your second posting with your diagram. INCHES!! Whew! I knew something was amiss in your first post. I was glad to find out that I didn't need more coffee! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Where do you keep your tractor? #59  
Golfgar4,
What I should have written was 2,016 SQUARE foot pole barn. I will go up and edit that mistake.

I guess I better go out and move some of those holes I dug a little closer together also.

/ Where do you keep your tractor? #60  
That's a dandy looking building. Is it your own design or did you get plans from somewhere? Make sure you take pictures so we can follow your progress! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif