Where do you keep your tractor?

/ Where do you keep your tractor? #61  
We have a camp in the Adirondacks of NY where I used to have an old Oliver w/FEL that I bought used and it sat outside for years. Ended up looking like a leopard with all of the rust spots touched up. The I got the new tractor in March and really had no place to put her so I made do! (see photo). I plan to build a real storage building for her and attachments but I have been promising the wife this would be the year to work on our cabin (new rear deck, new roof over deck, paint cabin roof, install siding)... ugh but the tractor needs shelter!
Well that was in April and it took about 30 days (and a lot of work on the cabin) before she started talking to me again (Bad?) In the next photo is the new addition to our outbuilding to park her under (it will be great for the snowmobiles in the winter also). Hopefully I'll have the "Real" shelter built soon!? OOPs... here she comes... back to work!

Attachments

• 47-184546-4310firstweekendwithsnow.JPG
    47-184546-4310firstweekendwithsnow.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 86
   / Where do you keep your tractor? #62  
Here's the new temporary(!?) shelter to put her under... not great but a whole lot better than the Old Oliver had it!

Attachments

• 47-184547-outbuildingextension.jpg
    47-184547-outbuildingextension.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 91
   / Where do you keep your tractor? #63  
Thanks Garry, I couldn't use a standard kit because I needed the pole barn to fit the area that I was putting it in. There is a couple groups of trees that I really didn't want to remove so I worked around them. I started out looking for a professional to draw up some plans for me. The building inspectors said that nobody hires an architect to draw up a pole barn so I decided to try it myself. I guess I did a decent job because I got the permit. Here is a top view of the pole barn. There is a big clump of trees on the front left side of the building and that is why the lean-to does not go all the way to the front. The lean-to doesn't go all the way to the back because I needed the room to drive my tractor around the building. The woods start about 8 to 10 feet from the back of the building so I couldn't have made the turn if the lean-to was even with the back of the building. There is another clump of trees on the right front side of the building. I made another driveway through the woods to access the garage door to the shop area.

Attachments

• 47-184551-UsageJpeg.jpg
    47-184551-UsageJpeg.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 73
   / Where do you keep your tractor? #64  
I like to keep my little buddy out of any type of weather..even this hot heat we are having now..in the shed w/the doors closed.

/ Where do you keep your tractor? #65  
Now I am impressed! Doing all of your own design work and getting it approved to boot!

I remember how nice your property looked in previous pictures you posted. This barn is going to look great there! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Where do you keep your tractor? #66  
The Dozer... I store that vertically!

Attachments

• 47-184576-Dozertrouble.jpg
    47-184576-Dozertrouble.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 80
   / Where do you keep your tractor? #67  
I'll bet the pucker factor was way up that day.

/ Where do you keep your tractor? #68  
I keep mine in my barn. I see lots sitting out so I don't think it's that serious of an issue but eventually water and rust will have it's way.

/ Where do you keep your tractor? #69  
I had an existing 16 X 20' out building that I added a shed roof on one side for storage of my Simplicity 7016 garden tractor. It is just the right size for the 1720 as long as I don't have any implement attached including the loader. The loader sticks out just a little bit. The 7016 is now inside the shed. ( I finally cleaned out the previous owners junk. I hope to extend the shed roof another 6 feet and enclose it ( three sides are open) before cold weather, time and money permitting !

/ Where do you keep your tractor? #70  
Richard,

The damage was about $2300 with the tamper. /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif The Woods brouchure says it is rated for 15 to 30 tractor horsepower. I assume that is PTO horsepower, so the B7500 is on the low end, but within the recommended range. Becareful on the big stuff. As far as mulch, I don't really know...I'm just happy the brush pile is gone. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Anybody out there know anything about mulching?