Where do you keep your tractor?

/ Where do you keep your tractor? #1  

HunterdonPaul

Bronze Member
My initial plan was to fold the FROPS and store my tractor in the garage until I could get around to building a storage barn/shed. However folding it down is not exactly an easy task. In fact with the canopy attached it doesn't seem possible. The canapy's edge will be crushed if it rests in the folded position. My new temporary plan is to use a tarp. I was wondering where other people stored their tractors.

Paul

/ Where do you keep your tractor? #2  
That's exacty why I have not considered a canopy. I keep Ziggy in the garage. It only takes one minute to fold the ROPS.

/ Where do you keep your tractor? #3  
I keep my tractor stored the same way my dealer stored it, outside. The rain helps keep the dust off. :)

Don

/ Where do you keep your tractor? #4  
Paul,

I keep everything outside. I don't have a choice since I dont
have a place to store it. BUT, my next projects is to build a
barn to store the tractor and implements as well as a storage
room.

I have kept the tractor under tarps but its a pain. Grease
gets on the tarps which then gets all over the tractors. There
has been some talk previously that putting tarps on a hot
tractor would cause condensation and rust problems. I leave
the tarps off now since the only bath the tractor gets is when
it rains..... I don't have water yet on the property.

The only time I tarp up the tractor now is when there is a
threat of snow. Which does not happen often around my
place thank goodness.

Later,
Dan McCarty

/ Where do you keep your tractor? #5  
Paul - Unfortunately, my tractor stays outside. I have garage space but didn't (don't) like the diesel exhaust having access to my (attached) living areas. Once I finish all my house building projects, the tractor will get a house (barn) of her own.

/ Where do you keep your tractor? #6  
Reading some of the replies to this thread I notice some guys just keep their machine out in the rain. I know these things are tough but I wonder if the rain hurts them in any way.
-Terry

/ Where do you keep your tractor? #7  
Tawoo,

First things first. I really like what you said in your
Attachments field. I had to check your profile since "tawoo"
is an interesting login name. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

I have seen some pretty old tractors kept outside and they
are still working. I have never garaged any of my vehicles
and I never had a weather related problem. Figure the
tractor and implements are tougher than any vehicle. I
supposed the water could cause a bit of rust. On the tractor
there is very little that will rust. The implements are another
matter though.

My two cents,
Dan

/ Where do you keep your tractor? #8  
I keep mine in the garage. I have to fold down the roll bar to get it in. I'm working on plans to make my own detachable canopy so I can still fold the roll bar down. Leaving them out in the weather will take its toll eventually. Tires will dry rot, seats will deteriorate, water will get into places and cause rust and corrosion, etc. The tractors sat outside on the farm where I grew up and it did take its toll on them. I leave my tractor outside once in a while, but for the most part it's in the garage when I'm not using it. I keep everything under cover, things just last longer that way.

/ Where do you keep your tractor? #9  
I am keeping mine in my lower barn until I can get an equiptment shed built.

/ Where do you keep your tractor? #10  
I keep my tractor in my father-in-law's shed. I think it used to be used for a smaller tractor, but I could back it in completely until I added the ROPS. Now, most of it is out of the rain and dust (see picture). But I think this is still the best home this old guy has ever had./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif