The torment of going to dealer to buy parts.

/ The torment of going to dealer to buy parts. #11  
When I walk into the dealer the lead sales guy already knows I'm there for parts. Says hi, shakes my hand, asks if my equipment is doing well, asks if the kid needs anything from the toys-on-sale section. Seems just as happy to see me getting parts as he would me buying something new.

Their prices suck, their maintenance department is a rip-off, but their attitude is right on.

And the lead parts guys is perfectly happy ordering me three of four different things just so I can see if I can retrofit them to my tractor before I purchase them.

Can't say its a painful experience at all.

I agree... NO PAIN!... When ever I go to my nearest dealer it seems like the owner must live there. He is always on site. I didn't buy my tractor from him but he knows my face and whenever he see's me he comes and shakes my hand asks me how I am doing, what he can do to help me. I tell him what I am there for, we talk awhile and we go on our way. ..... If I upgrade to another tractor I will probably buy the next one from him!:)

/ The torment of going to dealer to buy parts. #12  
Our dealer sold out almost all his tractors this winter. The sales people are all happy.

Let's see how many come back in year's time if we don't get much snow next winter.

I don't find parts buying at JD to be any different than anywhere else.

Ralph

/ The torment of going to dealer to buy parts. #13  
Same as RalphVA...no pain at all.
Just walk to the Parts Dept, buy or order the parts you need and leave...pretty simple.
Do I look at the equipment...you bet I do! But then I think "I don't have a payment!!" which takes care of all the temptation.

Probably will seriously look for a 3320 with reverser this year. I could use a little more PTO HP (which is all the 3320 has over the 790), but the reverser is a nice transmission.

/ The torment of going to dealer to buy parts. #14  
I generally only go to my local dealers when I need something right away. I've found that ordering from JD Online I can see the local dealer's inventory level and have the part shipped to my door. For New Holland and Kubota parts, it's the same way with Messicks.com. My local NH dealer says he will soon be online for parts also. I save on time and a 50 to 75 mile round trip by letting UPS deliver to my door.

/ The torment of going to dealer to buy parts. #15  
I generally only go to my local dealers when I need something right away. I've found that ordering from JD Online I can see the local dealer's inventory level and have the part shipped to my door.

Last Friday morning I ordered two idler pulleys and a spindle for my JD mower because I think I'll need them before the summer is over and I'd like to have them on hand for immediate installation. Yesterday, on Monday, I received my parts as ordered from UPS at 10:30 AM. This was a normal ground shipment and the charge was $8.50. My JD dealer, Ag-Power in Rhome, Texas, is about 35 miles away. Even with my fuel-efficient car, that trip would have required a couple of gallons of gas and over 1-1/2 hours for the 70 mile round trip. This is top-notch service as far as I'm concerned and a good value.

BTW: JD sent me an online survey about their dealers and service. I complained that their hours of operation on weekdays was unsatisfactory for people who worked regular jobs. I suggested expanded hours during the summer months to include at least one night per week that they would stay open later. I got a personal telephone call from my local dealer who told me that April 1st they would go on "Summer Hours" and be open until 6:30 every night of the week. I told him that was terrific and that during one of those evenings I just might let him show me a new 4520 or 4720 tractor.:)