The torment of going to dealer to buy parts.

/ The torment of going to dealer to buy parts. #1  

brin

Georgia - Mt. Vernon by The Store just 5 miles eas
This morning I had to go to the JD dealer to buy some parts..It is a painful experience ! Anyone ever notice that ? It is like making a little kid walk through a candy store to get a hair cut but he can't have any candy.

All the nice new Tractors you must pass, then all the new equipment and then the Sales guys all shaking your hand as you have to walk past and say.." I'm just here for parts and you watch their smile fade as they say OK...

It is depressing to just buy parts sometimes and it is torture..I just had to vent and see if anyone else agreed...:)

/ The torment of going to dealer to buy parts. #2  
I agree. I walk out of my dealer's showroom and onto the yard where all the tractors are parked. I can hear them calling my name!
It's like being an addict but you don't have a match.

Last edited by a moderator:
   / The torment of going to dealer to buy parts. #3  
I have a New Holland dealer two miles from where I sit ........ but if I need something that must come from a dealer ....... I'll drive 30 miles to another ..... so my experience is painful for other reasons.

/ The torment of going to dealer to buy parts. #4  
Yeah, but the parts are always there and the margins are good even in bad times. And they know that one time you will say yes and walk out with something shiny and greeen.

There is still a place in this country for the full-service dealer.

/ The torment of going to dealer to buy parts. #5  
Hi all:

I disagree.

A few weeks ago I called the man who sold me my JD 2305 in September to ask about a Deere power washer. He flat told me to buy one across town instead. He did not say, but I understood the Deere hot water machines are not worth the price they ask.

Two weeks ago I called the same guy and asked about a 3PH sand spreader. He didn't pitch a Frontier. Instead he directed me to a Herd spreader that is perfect!

A few months ago I went to the parts counter for some chains. I took them home and visually checked them against my 2305. I have the independent mower lift option and I expected a slightly loose chain to damage it. The tolerance was too close. I took the chains back for a full refund. This isn't that amazing because afterall I had not driven on the chains, but chains are sometimes hard to return.

Keep in-mind my I put my Salesperson through **** last Summer! I could not decide between an X749 and a 2305 and went back-and-fourth for a couple of weeks. Even after he ordered the 2305 I elected to change my mind and he was willing to let me do it. He only asked that I try the 2305 for 30 days first. Suffice to say I didn't get the X749.

This guy came out to my property and sized a tractor for it. He recognized we would have trouble mowing our hills and suggested loading the tires. The previous homeowner used a commercial walk-behind on the hills. He told me not to consider a 2320 because it has a higher center of gravity. All of these things are very important to a first time tractor owner.

The Service Manager also took the time to explain how important the ROPS is on the 2305 compared to the X749. This was before I bought anything!

I think some people don't understand quality. I used to buy Honda lawn care products when I had a smaller yard. The same goes. People complain that a walk behind mower costs $750. If they would use one they would know why! I think the same is true of Deere equipment over some cheaper brands.

Just my $.02...

-Bill

/ The torment of going to dealer to buy parts. #6  
I have a New Holland dealer two miles from where I sit ........ but if I need something that must come from a dealer ....... I'll drive 30 miles to another ..... so my experience is painful for other reasons.

You sure you don't live near me?????

Wayne

/ The torment of going to dealer to buy parts. #7  
I like going to the dealer, have a looksee at the new equipment & implements! I am so pleased with my bota, i really dont think there is another tractor i would rather have! Ok perhaps a new condition 1969 case traction king with the factory cab, supercharged motor and all steering configurations! :D

/ The torment of going to dealer to buy parts. #8  
I didn't need parts but drove thru the dealer when in town & it's open. Spotted a Massey Cab 471 with bush hog loader on the used line with 308 hours on it, also a new 320D cab skidloader.

I'll wait till they get a tracked version in before taking a test ride. :D

/ The torment of going to dealer to buy parts. #9  
When I walk into the dealer the lead sales guy already knows I'm there for parts. Says hi, shakes my hand, asks if my equipment is doing well, asks if the kid needs anything from the toys-on-sale section. Seems just as happy to see me getting parts as he would me buying something new.

Their prices suck, their maintenance department is a rip-off, but their attitude is right on.

And the lead parts guys is perfectly happy ordering me three of four different things just so I can see if I can retrofit them to my tractor before I purchase them.

Can't say its a painful experience at all.

/ The torment of going to dealer to buy parts. #10  
My tractor's Orange I don't need replacement parts.