Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Georgia - Mt. Vernon by The Store just 5 miles east and right by the big oak tree then to the creek.

Default The torment of going to dealer to buy parts.

This morning I had to go to the JD dealer to buy some parts..It is a painful experience ! Anyone ever notice that ? It is like making a little kid walk through a candy store to get a hair cut but he can't have any candy.

All the nice new Tractors you must pass, then all the new equipment and then the Sales guys all shaking your hand as you have to walk past and say.." I'm just here for parts and you watch their smile fade as they say OK...

It is depressing to just buy parts sometimes and it is torture..I just had to vent and see if anyone else agreed...
    Bob

WORRYING does not take away tomorrow's TROUBLES, it takes away today's PEACE.

NH - TC-29 , FEL, Bush hog, Bush hog brand finishing mower, Post hole digger, 6' Back blade, sub-soiler, Pallet forks, 20KW PTO Generator , 21 hp Murray Mower
    JD -3020 with FEL and a 16 HP. K-Grow Lawn Tractor (bought from K Mart 1994) and runs great !
    Clark 130 EN Mig Welder

Tractor
    Kubota Grand L 3940

Default Re: The torment of going to dealer to buy parts.

I agree. I walk out of my dealer's showroom and onto the yard where all the tractors are parked. I can hear them calling my name!
    It's like being an addict but you don't have a match.
    Last edited by Bird; 03-05-2010 at 03:16 PM. Reason: language
    Grand L3940 HST, Wallenstein BX62 chipper, Woods GTR72 tiller, Woods BH90-X backhoe, 724 FEL, forks, 1000lb PTO rotary spreader, Woods PRD8400 finish mower, Leinbach 7' landscape rake, United 7' box blade, Pequea 80 bushel manure spreader, Woods 7' Brush Hog.

Tractor
    NH T1030- 49G Brockway

I have a New Holland dealer two miles from where I sit ........ but if I need something that must come from a dealer ....... I'll drive 30 miles to another ..... so my experience is painful for other reasons.

Tractor
    1996 John Deere 955

Yeah, but the parts are always there and the margins are good even in bad times. And they know that one time you will say yes and walk out with something shiny and greeen.

There is still a place in this country for the full-service dealer.
    JD 955, 70A FEL, 72" MMM, 12" PHD, 16 Ton Ramsplitter Logsplitter, JD GT275

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    2009 John Deere 2305

Hi all:

I disagree.

A few weeks ago I called the man who sold me my JD 2305 in September to ask about a Deere power washer. He flat told me to buy one across town instead. He did not say, but I understood the Deere hot water machines are not worth the price they ask.

Two weeks ago I called the same guy and asked about a 3PH sand spreader. He didn't pitch a Frontier. Instead he directed me to a Herd spreader that is perfect!

A few months ago I went to the parts counter for some chains. I took them home and visually checked them against my 2305. I have the independent mower lift option and I expected a slightly loose chain to damage it. The tolerance was too close. I took the chains back for a full refund. This isn't that amazing because afterall I had not driven on the chains, but chains are sometimes hard to return.

Keep in-mind my I put my Salesperson through **** last Summer! I could not decide between an X749 and a 2305 and went back-and-fourth for a couple of weeks. Even after he ordered the 2305 I elected to change my mind and he was willing to let me do it. He only asked that I try the 2305 for 30 days first. Suffice to say I didn't get the X749.

This guy came out to my property and sized a tractor for it. He recognized we would have trouble mowing our hills and suggested loading the tires. The previous homeowner used a commercial walk-behind on the hills. He told me not to consider a 2320 because it has a higher center of gravity. All of these things are very important to a first time tractor owner.

The Service Manager also took the time to explain how important the ROPS is on the 2305 compared to the X749. This was before I bought anything!

I think some people don't understand quality. I used to buy Honda lawn care products when I had a smaller yard. The same goes. People complain that a walk behind mower costs $750. If they would use one they would know why! I think the same is true of Deere equipment over some cheaper brands.

Just my $.02...

-Bill

Gold Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 4400, '48 B and 318

Quote Originally Posted by SARG View Post
    I have a New Holland dealer two miles from where I sit ........ but if I need something that must come from a dealer ....... I'll drive 30 miles to another ..... so my experience is painful for other reasons.
    You sure you don't live near me?????

Wayne

Tractor
    kubota L 3540 hsdc,B 2320 hsdc & lots of other stuff!

I like going to the dealer, have a looksee at the new equipment & implements! I am so pleased with my bota, i really dont think there is another tractor i would rather have! Ok perhaps a new condition 1969 case traction king with the factory cab, supercharged motor and all steering configurations!
    We have done so much, for so long,with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing!

I didn't need parts but drove thru the dealer when in town & it's open. Spotted a Massey Cab 471 with bush hog loader on the used line with 308 hours on it, also a new 320D cab skidloader.

I'll wait till they get a tracked version in before taking a test ride.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    JD 4200 & X475

When I walk into the dealer the lead sales guy already knows I'm there for parts. Says hi, shakes my hand, asks if my equipment is doing well, asks if the kid needs anything from the toys-on-sale section. Seems just as happy to see me getting parts as he would me buying something new.

Their prices suck, their maintenance department is a rip-off, but their attitude is right on.

And the lead parts guys is perfectly happy ordering me three of four different things just so I can see if I can retrofit them to my tractor before I purchase them.

Can't say its a painful experience at all.
    JD 4200 w/ 420 Loader, 8B Backhoe, 59" Snow Blower
    JD X475 w/ 54C Deck & 3-Bag Power Flow

Looking for an engine out of a JD 4300/4310/4400/4410. Send a PM if you have one (or a parts tractor).

Tractor
    Kioti DK35, Ford 8N, Oliver Cletrac

My tractor's Orange I don't need replacement parts.
    I can't control my day but I can control my attitude.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast