MX5000 starting issue

/ MX5000 starting issue #1  

Busaboy

I just bought a used mx5000 277 hrs I don't have the manual yet but I wanted to post this ques when i start the tract sometimes it wont crank at all, batt is good, when it does turn over it starts instantly it will run for hrs I may turn it off and come back 20 min later and no start it's like a safety sw or something opening the start circuit, does the clutch need to be engaged i couldn't find a switch on it also does the tract have to be in neutral. This is my first Diesel eng i am coming off a ford jubilee and ferguson to-30. this is what I do turn the key left for about 10 sec then try to start am I doing something wrong what else can i look for.

/ MX5000 starting issue #2  
Welcome to TBN. I believe the tractor clutch has to be pushed all the way in. You also have a safety switch on the PTO it must be off for the tractor to start.

/ MX5000 starting issue #3  
I have the MX5100 and it won't start if the shuttle shift is not in the "N" neutral position or if the PTO is engaged as dex stated earlier. But the transmission does not have to be in neutral.

/ MX5000 starting issue
Thanks guys for the info you all hit the nail on the head I just came back in and saw the safety switches it works just fine does the tranny suppose to whine in hi gear.

/ MX5000 starting issue
Man, I love this site already. Thanks guys. My Jubilee is gone my Fergie To-30 is gone I was a little worried at first but using it today felt good I just can't wait til the owners manual comes in.

/ MX5000 starting issue #7  
I have the MX5000 and I think your really going to like that tractor. Very simple machine and very tough.

/ MX5000 starting issue #8  
Another mx5000 owner and fan here. I have been very pleased. My only exception to my pleasure was a situation very similar to yours when my tractor would not turn over or anything. Sure enough, it was the pto selector partly engaged. And a related issue was when I was mowing/shredding and the bushhog would just stop working...turns out the pto lever bolt was coming loose and allowing enough slack in the cable for the pto to shut off.
Other than this issue, I have been EXTREMELY PLEASED.

/ MX5000 starting issue #9  
Hi!

Not to hijack the thread with a different topic, but what did you get for the Jubilee if you sold it. I have one I'm about to sell and am trying to get a rough idea of what to ask. Did your Jubilee have a loader? Or, just the tractor.

Good luck with the MX. I also bought a Kubota to replace my Ford. I picked up an L4400 with loader. The Ford is great but the new Kubota is awesome!

Thanks!

/ MX5000 starting issue
I sold the Jubilee for 1000 clutch was grabbing a little and the governer was starting to act up Those 2 tractors have been used and were great but after all the snow this year I decided to step up. I grew up on the Fergie TO-30 and was kinda hard to let go but I know where it went to so I feel better.