Implement Dollies

/ Implement Dollies #1  

Mrwurm

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland TC30 Hydro 4x4, Gravely Zero Turn Mower
No, not that kind of 'Dolly'

I bought these from Northern Equipment. They are expensive ($59 for a set of three) but can hold 500lbs each and glide on my smooth concrete floor like 'Butter'.

Attachments

• 47-183298-Dcp_0052.jpg
    47-183298-Dcp_0052.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 243
   / Implement Dollies
Makes for easy implement hook-up and storage. /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

Attachments

• 47-183299-Dcp_0053.jpg
    47-183299-Dcp_0053.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 241
   / Implement Dollies
Oh Yes !, Another one !

Attachments

• 47-183300-Dcp_0054.jpg
    47-183300-Dcp_0054.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 215
   / Implement Dollies
/w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif

Go ahead........, ask me why there is two sets of lowers pins and two sets of upper pins.

/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

Attachments

• 47-183301-Dcp_0055.jpg
    47-183301-Dcp_0055.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 276
   / Implement Dollies #5  
Jerry,
I bought the ones similar to what Harbor Freight has that are dished in the middle for a vehicle tire. I know, Harbor Freight, I know /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif. I bought 2 for $39.95. Supposed to handle a heck of a lot of weight. I've used them to move various things in the garage but never a car, tractor or implement.......yet.

/ Implement Dollies #6  
Ok why are there two sets of pins? Let me go one better, why are the implements Farmall red instead of New Holland Blue?

/ Implement Dollies
They're red because I bought them at the Massey Dealer. /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

The two sets of pins allow me to attach the rake at a lower point and get a higher range of motion. With the stock location I can only lift the rake about two inches off the ground. The top link angle that is required for gauge wheel operation creates this range of motion problem. So, I welded on some additional mounting locations. Of course, I can't turn the rake 180 degrees now, but never did anyway. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Implement Dollies #8  
I pick up casters wheels at auctions and flea markets every chance I get. You can pick them up for .50 or a buck or two, sometimes a little more depending on the size. You would be amazed at the heavy duty wheels I've picked up.

Even if I only get one or two they just get tossed in a five gallon bucket until I can pick up something that matches. Practically everything in my basement and garage is on wheels usually with an angle iron or plywood frame. Welders, sandblast cabinet, free standing shelving, even five and fifteen gallon buckets. I have to say it's one of the handiest things I've done for myself. Makes clean up and reorganizing a breeze.

/ Implement Dollies #9  
Jerry,

Nice clean concrete and all implements in order.. I remember my shop/barn looked like that for the first few days then my tractor and tools moved in..

Carl

/ Implement Dollies #10  
Sounds like a man that has discovered the wheel. :)

Some day when I get some concrete down I might even buy some wheels. Those small ones don't work good in dirt. :(

Don