Spray on coating to protect FEL bucket?

/ Spray on coating to protect FEL bucket?
Wow, ALL great advice!
Yeah- the first scratch always hurts :(
and I DO and WILL use it.... just thinking about protection though. Good enough expert advice given and appreciated!

/ Spray on coating to protect FEL bucket? #12  
Think of a shovel and wheelbarrow. A FEL bucket is going to show wear if used.

/ Spray on coating to protect FEL bucket? #13  
Protect the bucket form what exactly? Rust? Just clean and spray paint the bare areas after every use. The New Kubota Orange spray paint at TSC is pretty good stuff.

/ Spray on coating to protect FEL bucket? #14  
At any rate enjoy your new tractor.:D

I have a friend that no one wan'ts to ride with including his wife:laughing: His pickup is just too sacred to him.

/ Spray on coating to protect FEL bucket? #15  
Use it daily on granular material to keep it shinny!:thumbsup:

/ Spray on coating to protect FEL bucket? #16  
Just the thought of having to scuff up all that new paint so the bedliner will adhere pains me- this from a guy who used bedliner to finish the interior of my truck. The stuff is hard to clean as well, shows dirt- a smooth painted bucket would be easy to hose out. I take care of my tractor, but I can't say I've ever washed it.

/ Spray on coating to protect FEL bucket? #17  
I agree with the rest! It's hard enough to keep snow and mud from sticking to the inside. Bedliner will make it worse. Use the wear and tear as your badge of honor. When the bucket paint gets too worn you can touch up the areas that need it.
Good luck,
Jim

/ Spray on coating to protect FEL bucket? #18  
Wow- just surprised from all these comments here. The way I see it is to use the bucket often to protect it. IF it being used then put away, it just sits there rusting away. daily use is really the only protection of the metal.

/ Spray on coating to protect FEL bucket? #19  
neighbor down the road bought a used kubota and didnt like how the bucket looked so he went and bought some of that diy bedliner stuff :confused2:, prepped the bucket good, brushed 3 good heavy coats on, looked excellent BUT once he went to digging and carry stuff it started peeling off and looked worse than it did when he bought it :laughing:

as one above said that orange at TS is excellent stuff so i picked him a a couple cans up and said try this, after sanding all that junk bedliner stuff off he primered and painted the bucket, looks OEM look now. So the moral of the story is, no dont use bedliner stuff on the bucket.

Now he did use some where his feet go and that appears to be holding up well. Me i just cut a 1/2" thick piece of rubber to fit that area, sure helps with the vibrating on my feet for long hours

/ Spray on coating to protect FEL bucket? #20  
one of my jobs when i worked in the quarry was to grind paint and anything else off new buckets so that nothing would hamper material discharge. ive had my tractor over a year, and moved two triaxle dump loads of crusher run, and my bucket still has 90% of its paint. i was kinda surprised