Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tractor
    Yanmar LX4900//Cub 7532//Cub Yanmar SC2400//CAT 312B//Komatsu D38

Default Re: Discount at Lowe's

Fellow veterans and Gentlemen;

First of all let me thank everyone here who served in our armed forces even one day. I have a brother-in-law that didn't make it thru Parris Island because of a medical issue, but I still honor his decision to serve.

A few days ago I was looking around in Home Depot and talking with a very knowledgeable sales agent. I liked what I was looking at, but being a high-priced item, I mentioned I would wait till a federal holiday to receive my 10% veteran's discount. He promptly retrieved a read a memo that has JUST come out with the exact same terminology as Lowe's.
    Soo, same discount applies at Home Depot!!!

Tractor
    01 Kubota B21TLB, 2010 Ferris 52" ZTR, Cub Cadet 1811, Gravely Super8

Home Depot also does this everyday of the year I do beleive - not published or advertised that I can see tho..

Tractor
    Yanmar LX4900//Cub 7532//Cub Yanmar SC2400//CAT 312B//Komatsu D38

Fellow veterans and Gentlemen;

First of all let me thank everyone here who served in our armed forces even one day. I have a brother-in-law that didn't make it thru Parris Island because of a medical issue, but I still honor his decision to serve.

A few days ago I was looking around in Home Depot and talking with a very knowledgeable sales agent. I liked what I was looking at, but being a high-priced item, I mentioned I would wait till a federal holiday to receive my 10% veteran's discount. He promptly retrieved a read a memo that has JUST come out with the exact same terminology as Lowe's.
    Soo, same discount applies at Home Depot!!!

Tractor
    2008 Kioti ck20s hst

First I would like to say thank you to all who have served our great country. Your service and sacrifice will forever be appreciated. For those who have not served in the military, I suggest going to your local U.S.P.S office and picking up a mail-fowarding packet. The current packet contains a 10% off coupon for purchases at Lowes. I have found that Home Depot will honor this coupon as well.

Tractor
    Kubota L4400

Unfortunetely I live in the communist state of NY. I cringe at having to show my VA ID card to some pimple faced Kid, and have to explain how I got disabled. I know a lot of vets, who feel this way.

Super Star Member
    First organized permanent settlement in the northwest territory
    Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX1500/2004 Kubota Bx23/2005 Kubota BX1500

Quote Originally Posted by dqdave1 View Post
    I just wanted to say "thanks" to all you vets. We would not have a LOWES , if not for the veterns of this great USA.

*I also think that what LOWES is doing is one of the nicest gestures it could do.
    *So do I.
    Tractors 2003 Kubota BX1500 / 2004 Kubota Bx23 / 2005 Kubota BX1500.
    Attachments 60'' Front Blade/48'' Rear Tiller/FEL/Back Hoe /
    60'' MMM/Clamp on Forks/48'' MMM
    South of Canton Ohio L .B

Silver Member
    Tractor
    1987 Ford 2810

I think I'll mention this discount to my Tractor Supply store. Could be a chance of a discount there. They have some kind of special going on there right often. I'll tell my sister about the Home Depot discount, too. She shops there some too.

Thanks for the other money saving tips.

I appreciate what these companies are doing for us too. It makes me feel special.

Quote Originally Posted by davygp38 View Post
    Unfortunetely I live in the communist state of NY. I cringe at having to show my VA ID card to some pimple faced Kid, and have to explain how I got disabled. I know a lot of vets, who feel this way.
    I am truly sorry you feel this way.
    I personally do not require any request for the military discount to show an ID.
    To be sure, there are a number of individuals out there that would take any opportunity to exploit an offer given in good faith to thank the people who willingly place there lives on the the line to insure our grantedly taken freedoms ... but no I will not ask for proof. That is for higher powers to assess.

However as a thankful associate of your neighborhood Lowe's, I would love to see your pride in displaying your service to this glorious country I call home!

ps---(I am well passed the pimple stage and far into the " like to buy you a beer" stage )

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4330HST

And if you get the 10% Lowes discount cards on e-bay, HD will ALSO accept them!

- Jay

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast