Discount at Lowe's

/ Discount at Lowe's #1  

backdoor

Silver Member
Tractor
1987 Ford 2810
I'm not sure if this is a universal discount, but the Lowe's store in my hometown of Rocky Mount, VA gives a 10% discount to military veterans. I show my ID card from the VA hospital where I get health care. My sister gets the discount in the Deltona/Orange City Fl Lowe's too. The way I understand it, the discount is for anything-same as employee discount. Hope this helps you save a bit of money.

/ Discount at Lowe's #2  
I'm not sure if this is a universal discount, but the Lowe's store in my hometown of Rocky Mount, VA gives a 10% discount to military veterans. I show my ID card from the VA hospital where I get health care. My sister gets the discount in the Deltona/Orange City Fl Lowe's too. The way I understand it, the discount is for anything-same as employee discount. Hope this helps you save a bit of money.

Around these parts (central KY) we get the military discount on Veterans Day and Memorial Day. Needless to say, I try to schedule any major purchases from Lowe's around those 2 days.

Then again, those are the 2 times they advertise the discount; I've never tried it on any other day, so maybe they would honor it if I did.

/ Discount at Lowe's
It was never advertised around here that I heard about. I heard about it in the barber shop some time last summer. I told my sister about it, and she had not heard it but got the discount at her next purchase.

/ Discount at Lowe's #4  
You got me curious so I did some searching and found this:
MOORESVILLE, N.C., Feb 10, 2010 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Lowe's Companies, Inc. announced today it will expand its support of the military by offering an all day, every day 10 percent discount to all military personnel who are active, reserve, retired or disabled veterans and their family members, with a valid, government-issued military ID card.

All other military veterans will receive the discount on the Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Veterans Day weekends.

And, since I'm a card-carrying retired veteran, I'm in. :D

/ Discount at Lowe's #5  
I will have to check this out too. I am retired so a 10% discount will come in handy.

/ Discount at Lowe's #6  
I 've alway wondered what constitutes a vet. I served in the army reserve for 6 years in the late 60 's early 70 's. I 've been told by many that doesn 't count because I did not do any lengthy active duty. At the time reservists did 8 weeks boot camp and then advanced training in a specialty. After, the monthly weekend drills and 2 weeks summer camp. I know this, in my time, reservists discharge were not given i.d. of any kind to prove they had done military time. Just curious how it is viewed now days.

/ Discount at Lowe's #7  
Sailorman, get a copy of your DD214, that will prove you are a veteran.

And by the way, thank you for your service!

CT_Jeff

/ Discount at Lowe's #8  
I 've alway wondered what constitutes a vet. I served in the army reserve for 6 years in the late 60 's early 70 's. I 've been told by many that doesn 't count because I did not do any lengthy active duty. At the time reservists did 8 weeks boot camp and then advanced training in a specialty. After, the monthly weekend drills and 2 weeks summer camp. I know this, in my time, reservists discharge were not given i.d. of any kind to prove they had done military time. Just curious how it is viewed now days.

You wouldn't have received an ID - only retirees get them. CT_Jeff is right - a copy of your DD214 would be all the proof you should need.

/ Discount at Lowe's #9  
I'm not in the armed forces, but I am a contractor and to save some cash I go on ebay and buy 10% off coupons, usually go for around $1 apice. I stock up quite a bit. Hope this helps.

/ Discount at Lowe's #10  
I always thought that you had to have 180 days of continuous active duty to be considered for veteran's benefits. I do not know that to be the case, and a check with the Veteran's Administration would surely be the wise thing to do. It seems someone who served honorably in the reserves should also be granted veterans status. I'm just not sure if not doing the required active duty disqualifies you. Didn't the army have a 2-year active requirement?

BTW: If you have a project that exceeds $2000, Lowes will submit it to their quote system and get you very good pricing. I just built a deck and saved almost 20% over the retail prices. The project desk is the place to go with your bill-of-material.

2nd Edit: Thank you Backdoor for posting this. I didn't know about the all-the-time 10% discount. That is gonna save me lots of money. I just passed on buying a Weber grill at Lowes because I could get a better deal from HD. If I had known about the discount, I'd have saved $65. :rolleyes:

3rd Edit: Sheesh!:eek: My Lowes has added tractor implements this year. They have tillers, rotary cutters, boxblades, and landscape rakes sitting in front of the store in a fenced-in area.