2004 Terex HR14 mini trackhoe

/ 2004 Terex HR14 mini trackhoe #1  

souperbee

Tractor
Yanmar YM2210D
Hi All,
I am hoping someone will be able to tell me the proper way of greasing the swing or turntable of the backhoe. The fitting is under the left foot step door. (I hope I am describing this ok.) I have been shooting grease in it, then swinging the backhoe and then shooting more grease in it until I make a full circle. Is the the proper way? Also if any one has a shop manual they are wanting to get rid of please let me know. They want $267 for a new one and there is no way I can afford it. I do not own a business it is just my personal piece of equipment. :thumbsup: I hope I am posting in the right group, if anyone know of another forum that may be able to help me I would be appreciative of the information.
Thank you,
Souperbee

/ 2004 Terex HR14 mini trackhoe #3  
Hi i have a terex hr16 and i need a manuel also if you find any please let me know also have you changed the hydraulic fluid or filter? If so could you tell me what the filter no. is or where to get one. Also does your hydraulics start growling after it gets hot?

/ 2004 Terex HR14 mini trackhoe
Hi i have a Terex hr16 and i need a manual also if you find any please let me know also have you changed the hydraulic fluid or filter? If so could you tell me what the filter no. is or where to get one. Also does your hydraulics start growling after it gets hot?

apatche1964; I haven't had any luck with the manuals yet. I haven't changed the hydraulic oil yet but I do have the parts manual for my machine. The part number for the hydraulic oil filter insert ( that's how they have it listed) is 5 380 660 852.This is Terex part number. You should be able to get it at any good auto parts store. ex: Napa. The only time my pump makes any noise is when the tank is low. I have a serious hydraulic oil leak under the bank of spool valves ( about 30 hoses) which I am not looking forward to fixing but I am going to do it soon. Once I top it off it gets quiet. It starts growling when it is about one gallon low. which is on the bottom line in the site glass. Do know the correct procedure for checking the hydraulic oil? If not send me a private message and I will go over it with you. If you ever need any other part numbers let me know and I will look them up for you. (providing the Hr14 and the Hr16 uses the same part numbers. I hope this helps you
Jack :thumbsup: PS I have the operating manual for the machine but I am still looking for the service manual

/ 2004 Terex HR14 mini trackhoe #5  
I know the Kobelco we sell you only grease the swing bearing every 500hr and over greasing it will push the seal out and make things a lot worse

/ 2004 Terex HR14 mini trackhoe #6  
I also have a Terex HR16 with about 1500hrs (2004). Just got it and looking for the same manuals. found a couple terex pdfs on the HR. Can possible set up a ftp site for you... Also a reference to the filters on website DK FILTER - Produkt 1

/ 2004 Terex HR14 mini trackhoe #7  
Hi All,
I am hoping someone will be able to tell me the proper way of greasing the swing or turntable of the backhoe. The fitting is under the left foot step door. (I hope I am describing this ok.)...

On my KX-91 the recommended procedure is to put ~ 10 pumps in every 90 degrees. I can look up the interval and post the exact details tonight if you like, the machines are probably similar enough where you'd be OK.

There are probably two fittings, one for the ring and pinion gears and one for the bearing itself.

Tony

/ 2004 Terex HR14 mini trackhoe #8  
apatche1964; I haven't had any luck with the manuals yet. I haven't changed the hydraulic oil yet but I do have the parts manual for my machine. The part number for the hydraulic oil filter insert ( that's how they have it listed) is 5 380 660 852.This is Terex part number. You should be able to get it at any good auto parts store. ex: Napa. The only time my pump makes any noise is when the tank is low. I have a serious hydraulic oil leak under the bank of spool valves ( about 30 hoses) which I am not looking forward to fixing but I am going to do it soon. Once I top it off it gets quiet. It starts growling when it is about one gallon low. which is on the bottom line in the site glass. Do know the correct procedure for checking the hydraulic oil? If not send me a private message and I will go over it with you. If you ever need any other part numbers let me know and I will look them up for you. (providing the Hr14 and the Hr16 uses the same part numbers. I hope this helps you
Jack :thumbsup: PS I have the operating manual for the machine but I am still looking for the service manual

souperbee: I have a 2006 HR14 and do not know how to add hydraulic fluid to the machine. I saw your post and it looks like you know how. Can you help?