Blue stork delivers orange baby….

/ Blue stork delivers orange baby…. #1  

Anonymous Poster

Well, happy to report my new one arrived today!

Funny that a New Holland truck would deliver it…but the owner of the Kubota dealership also has a Blue store at a different location.

Can't tell you how different this is…always been a pick and shovel guy till now.

The other day we stopped at the dealers and saw the tractor being prepped, and the wife just about remembered it was orange...

Funny thing was today my wife was more excited than me about it coming, then she had to leave before it got here. The dealer told me between 8 and noon. The wife had to leave at 11:30. The truck with the tractor and mower got here at 11:45.

"Isn't it here yet???" "Can't you call them and tell them to hurry up???" "What's taking them so long???" I thought I was back in the days of "are we there yet, dad?"

Loaded the rear tires first, then did some digging. WOW! Aren't backhoes and loaders nice! Will take some time to get the rhythm…but it was still fun. And productive.

The 14.4 x 16 R4 tires each took just over 23 gallons. Time to fill each was 30 min or so. 30 min for the first, a little quicker for the second as I knew how much it would take. Nice having the backhoe to lift the rear tires off the ground too.

Here are a couple pictures…first is the tractor just after it came off the truck. The second I will post separately, is one of the tire-loading time.

My wife appeared while I was digging down the back. I tried to get her to go back to the house and get the camera…her reply was something like "Why make a special trip…I'll be seeing you on this thing every day for the nest two weeks!"

Obviously, she is not a blond!

Tomorrow I will drop the hoe and try out the wood RD6000 RFM.

Life is good…

Bill in Pgh PA…more or less…

Attachments

• 47-183824-1a.jpg
    47-183824-1a.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 122
   / Blue stork delivers orange baby….
here is one of tire loading time...

Attachments

• 47-183825-loading1.jpg
    47-183825-loading1.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 111
And here is a little blue to show my appreciation to all you blue guys!

Attachments

• 47-183827-loading2.jpg
    47-183827-loading2.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 108
   / Blue stork delivers orange baby…. #4  
Nice looking tractor. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

I had a an orange truck delivery my blue tractor. Same type of dealership, but opposite choice. Which one of us is good? Which is evil? I notice that there is a yellow seat towing your antifreeze. Could that be some green? Ahh, kryptonite...Lex Luther I have found you. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Blue stork delivers orange baby…. #5  
Bill,

Congratulations. You've got a great machine there, and your wife sounds wonderful too! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif These machines are truly amazing.

Good Luck,

Rick

Thanks Rick and BigDave...

Took me a while to get up off the floor...pretty funny, BigDave!

Bill

/ Blue stork delivers orange baby…. #7  
Beautiful machine, Bill!
smile.gif

Makes me kinda want to run up to my tractor property, though. Your forks look exactly like mine, and I want to make sure they're still where I left them. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

I think I remember seeing some photos of your forks in action...galvanized culvert pipe comes to mind...if not, I am certain I saw a post with you putting you forks on your bucket...

Well...I wouldn't bet on it...but I am pretty sure...

Don't worry, if you look close you will see these are quite new...not well used like yours!

Bill

/ Blue stork delivers orange baby…. #9  
Nice tractor! I wish I had a backhoe...maybe next year!

/ Blue stork delivers orange baby…. #10  
Bill,

Great tractor. I am sure you will enjoy it.

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

Funny that a New Holland truck would deliver it…but the owner of the Kubota dealership also has a Blue store at a different location.

<hr></blockquote>

There is a message in this for you. You should have bought a blue one since even the Kubota dealler drives a blue one!

Fred