diesel in oil kubota b20

/ diesel in oil kubota b20 #1  

busybeazz

i have a problam i hope some one has an answer too as i am stumped i have searched this forum and others with no new results .
My problem is i have diesel in my oil and is over full and running out overflow tub . I have changed the fuel pump . changed oil and new filter .the tractor runs a lot better but after one hour of operating is blowing again and oil is overfull i can definatly smell diesel in oil and is very thin .Next i have removed injector pump and injectors and taken to a repair shop that my kubota dealer recomended thay called me back with an estimat of $ 550 to rebuild injector pump and told me it was slitly worn but not leaking .thay have not checked injectors yet but will monday . i do not believe its an injector leaking becaus it runs so good i would thank if one was leaking i would have hard starting issues and bad performance issues but this is not the case it was running like it did win it was new.help is greatly aprecieated

/ diesel in oil kubota b20 #2  
does this unit have a mechanical lift pump, or a fuel return line that runs thru a valve cover or anything?

if not.. the IP or a injector is about the only way to get fuel in the oil.. and if it's geting so full it's coming out the crank vent.. I'd be worried about the bearings suffering from lack of lube.. I surely wouldn't run it untill fixed.

does it only leak when running ( notice over full oil at startup? )

soundguy

soundguy

/ diesel in oil kubota b20 #3  
does this unit have a mechanical lift pump, or a fuel return line that runs thru a valve cover or anything?

if not.. the IP or a injector is about the only way to get fuel in the oil.. and if it's geting so full it's coming out the crank vent.. I'd be worried about the bearings suffering from lack of lube.. I surely wouldn't run it untill fixed.

does it only leak when running ( notice over full oil at startup? )

soundguy

soundguy

How about past the rings in one cylinder, Soundguy? Might have cracked or rotated rings on one cylinder. I'd think a compression or leakdown test could determine that.
However, lack of compression or leakdown should result in starting problems (extended cranking, for example).

/ diesel in oil kubota b20 #4  
I'd think it'd run bad if the rings were bad enough to not fire.. plus he should be seeing some smoke... still.. I've seen weirder..

soundguy

/ diesel in oil kubota b20 #5  
I would lean towards the injector pump also. If it were leaking past the rings there would be other signs.

Chris

/ diesel in oil kubota b20
Thanks for the quick reply . i shut it down as soon as i saw oil spurting back out .i have replaced fuel pump with new . that did not solve prob so i removed injector pump and took it to a reputible diesel injector biz ho was refferd by my kubota dealer .the woman on the phone told me 2 of the pumps were worn but no leak was found .they had not checked injectors yet . can the injector pump still leak ? no there is no internal fuel suply in the engine

/ diesel in oil kubota b20 #7  
The B20 is like a twin to my old B8200, except it has the built in mounts for a backhoe.

Mine had a D950 motor. It was gravity fed from the tank to the filter, and I believe to the main injection pump.

This sounds like there must be a seal leaking. If it were an injector, or the rings, you would be smoking and running rough or lacking power.

I could get access to my old service manual, but unfortunately, Kubota sold the motor manual seperat from the rest of the service manual set... I had the service manual but no motor manual.

Guessing you could find that manual on Ebay or something pretty easy; those D950's were used in tractors, generators, and lots of smaller(ie 25-30') sailboats.

/ diesel in oil kubota b20
I have a parts manual any ides on what seal to look for and wear

/ diesel in oil kubota b20 #9  
umbrella seals in the pump drive would be my guess..

soundguy

/ diesel in oil kubota b20 #10  
I know you said its diesel but are you sure? Could it be hydro/tranny oil? I am not familiar with your particular unit but most tractors this size have a engine driven hydro pump that is separated by a seal. If that seal blows it allows the pump to send hydro/tranny fluid into the engine lube oil.

Chris