A Battery Rejuvenator

/ A Battery Rejuvenator #92  
I have built this rejuvenator with the Light bulbs but the bulbs make it look very Mickey Mouse. I was even thinking about using a wire-wound potentiometer to control the amperage instead of light bulbs. Actually it is more difficult these days to find 100 watt bulbs and they are too fragile in my active garage with my sons and their hot-rods , boats, bikes ATC's and other toys!! Can you imagine how this looks on my Military deuce with it's camouflage paint job? I have several older very expensive batteries and i need to make a couple more of these rejuvenator units, before long it will be very difficult to get wet acid batteries so I need to keep them alive as long as possible. I can't even get Sulfuric acid locally anymore, The last clerk that i asked about Sulfuric Acid was about to call 911 thinking I was building a bomb of some sort! LOL

/ A Battery Rejuvenator #93  
I see,
I have a dedicated space for mine so it is just a light left on in my engine shed.
I have a collection of antique flywheel engines in there.
I have brought back to life a HUGE diesel tractor battery that would make several of the batteries in my pickup.
That big battery was only showing 1 1/2 Volt. That is one very weak cell.
A week later it was right there at 13.4 Volts.
I let it set two weeks and it was still 13.4 Volts.
Then I put a little float level charger on it until I need it again.
Now I have a good size battery that will not even wiggle the needle with the meter set on 10 Volts.
That one is going to get the rejuvenator tomorrow.

/ A Battery Rejuvenator #94  
I really like that I can plug in however many lights I want for more power.
So far five old batteries are back working and I have done them all with three lights.
I have a couple small lawn tractor ones to do and I will try one bulb then try two if I need to.
I really LOVE this thing.

/ A Battery Rejuvenator #95  
I have had this military battery on for about 24 hours and the acid is still reading at the bottem of the scale I have 300 watts of lights on it. But the voltage went up from 5volts to 11 volts I am thinking about taking it off of the rejuvenator and charging it on a 15 amp Charger for about 20 minutes to give it a little kick in the pants Then putting it back on the rejuvenator. What do you think? I was also thinking about using wire wound resistors with plugs on them to plug into the sockets so I be able to plug in as many as I need. I am using a 6 socket power strip instead of the Harbor freight deal. I just don't like the idea of using the fragile bulbs. What is the story behind your id Rustaholic?
I really like that I can plug in however many lights I want for more power.
So far five old batteries are back working and I have done them all with three lights.
I have a couple small lawn tractor ones to do and I will try one bulb then try two if I need to.
I really LOVE this thing.

/ A Battery Rejuvenator #96  
I see,
I have a dedicated space for mine so it is just a light left on in my engine shed.
I have a collection of antique flywheel engines in there.
I have brought back to life a HUGE diesel tractor battery that would make several of the batteries in my pickup.
That big battery was only showing 1 1/2 Volt. That is one very weak cell.
A week later it was right there at 13.4 Volts.
I let it set two weeks and it was still 13.4 Volts.
Then I put a little float level charger on it until I need it again.
Now I have a good size battery that will not even wiggle the needle with the meter set on 10 Volts.
That one is going to get the rejuvenator tomorrow.

I love old engines! I once had a collection too but I left too many in Ohio before I moved to Miami in 68. They got scattered away when my parents passed away. The engine I wish I had now was a whizzer motor bike engine. I had several maytag engines All I have here in Miami Is a v8 Lamborgini engine Out of a 928 Porche and several outboard and marine engines now. but I have some great engines in my cars. Also, I have a 409 engine in my 1962 firetruck Pumper. and a Hemi 6.1L in my Charger SRT8, and a Super charged engine in My Buick GS. Several 383 Chevy engines in my el camino, jeep, etc. also, I have a 56 Cadillac and my deuce has Hercules super charged military diesel

/ A Battery Rejuvenator #97  
You have a lot of new engines compared to mine.
I don't have any really old ones.
I have a couple 1911 hit-n-miss engines and the rest go from there to 1928.
Rustaholic is because I am addicted to rust.
The last engine I got running is one I have had for several years but just collected parts for it.
Last August at our local show I fired it up for the first time in over 70 years.
It is a 1911 4hp Ottawa farm engine.
It has 24" flywheels and it is all rusty.
Lots of compression though and it is a great runner. It really barks when it hits.
Back on Topic,,,,
I would leave that military battery on there for at least three days then check it.

/ A Battery Rejuvenator #98  
Well,,,, I did it.
I put my rejuvenator on a totally DEAD Excide 31 battery.
My auto parts guy says it would cost $100 to buy a new one.
This is my first totally dead one to try.
It is also the first time I plugged in my rejuvenator and the lights failed to come on at all.
Then I saw just the faintest glow in the center of each bulb and they are getting brighter slowly.
I believe this is telling me that it was a hard fight but it is starting to work.
I would love to hear opinions to support or shoot down my thoughts.

/ A Battery Rejuvenator #99  
I found this thread about a month ago and decided to try it on 2 batteries that were DOA
the 1st one 1 did I did up at the house using grid 120v ac
the 2nd one I did I used my solar panel set up at the barn (used my inverter)
I got the same results with both batteries showing about 85% as good as new batteries
So now it doesn't even cost me anything for the electric
this is great

/ A Battery Rejuvenator #100  
Wow that's great how big a solar panel are you using? my system needs about 400 watts (3.3 Amps) to be reliable
I found this thread about a month ago and decided to try it on 2 batteries that were DOA
the 1st one 1 did I did up at the house using grid 120v ac
the 2nd one I did I used my solar panel set up at the barn (used my inverter)
I got the same results with both batteries showing about 85% as good as new batteries
So now it doesn't even cost me anything for the electric
this is great