A Battery Rejuvenator

/ A Battery Rejuvenator #132  
I've read thru this thread a couple of times, and it makes sense to me. I bought an old golf cart at an estate auction, and discovered that the thing had set in the barn for several years. I tried several different things that I read on the internet, including adding the edta. Only had one out of the 6 that held any charge at all, and it wasn't much. So I built the ckt, and hooked it up to one of the 6 volt golf cart batteries today. I did add a fuse in line, and used 2 keyless ceramic sockets wired in parallel, and added a double pole switch, so that both sides of the line are isolated when power is turned off. I put the battery in a plastic tote w/lid outside put on the lid, plugged in the ckt, stood back and turned on the switch. I have one 100watt bulb installed, and it came on rather dimly, but in a few minutes is quite bright. I'll keep everybody posted as to what the outcome is. I do have a question for Etpilot: HOW DO YOU KNOW WHEN TO DISCONNECT THE CKT?

/ A Battery Rejuvenator #133  
I've read thru this thread a couple of times, and it makes sense to me. I bought an old golf cart at an estate auction, and discovered that the thing had set in the barn for several years. I tried several different things that I read on the internet, including adding the edta. Only had one out of the 6 that held any charge at all, and it wasn't much. So I built the ckt, and hooked it up to one of the 6 volt golf cart batteries today. I did add a fuse in line, and used 2 keyless ceramic sockets wired in parallel, and added a double pole switch, so that both sides of the line are isolated when power is turned off. I put the battery in a plastic tote w/lid outside put on the lid, plugged in the ckt, stood back and turned on the switch. I have one 100watt bulb installed, and it came on rather dimly, but in a few minutes is quite bright. I'll keep everybody posted as to what the outcome is. I do have a question for Etpilot: HOW DO YOU KNOW WHEN TO DISCONNECT THE CKT?

The more bulbs the faster it works. Four is the most I have ever used. As to when to remove it, I give them a couple days of the bulbs bright then unhook it and check the voltage of the battery. Ideally all of us that have one of these would also have a nice load pile battery tester.
What I have right now is a mid-size car battery side post only but it has been setting inside for almost two full years with a low charge.
I put my little 6 Amp smart charger on it and it took about 14 hours to charge it up to where it said it was full. I am taking it to town tomorrow to have it load tested free then because it sat around low that much I am going to hook it up to my rejuvinator for a couple days then have it tested again.
I took it off that charger and it has just been setting there for a week now. I need to check it tonight just to see if held that charge.

/ A Battery Rejuvenator #134  
I have a brand new load tester, still in the box (HF I'm afraid) but looks like it was designed for 12v batteries. I'll try it and see if I can extrapolate. I don't see where anyone has used this setup on 6v batteries. Right now, the single 100w bulb looks like about a 40w. Will it get brighter as it charges? I'm not real sure what is happening here. As you add more light bulbs in parallel, the resistance goes down: Rt=1/R1 + 1/R2 etc. Since the resistance of the light bulb changes with temp, I would think it would be impossible to calculate Rt. However, I=E/R so as
R goes down, I goes up. Are you saying the more current we draw thru the battery, the faster it desulphates?

/ A Battery Rejuvenator #135  
I have a brand new load tester, still in the box (HF I'm afraid) but looks like it was designed for 12v batteries. I'll try it and see if I can extrapolate. I don't see where anyone has used this setup on 6v batteries. Right now, the single 100w bulb looks like about a 40w. Will it get brighter as it charges? I'm not real sure what is happening here. As you add more light bulbs in parallel, the resistance goes down: Rt=1/R1 + 1/R2 etc. Since the resistance of the light bulb changes with temp, I would think it would be impossible to calculate Rt. However, I=E/R so as
R goes down, I goes up. Are you saying the more current we draw thru the battery, the faster it desulphates?

Others have already stated it better than I can so I will just say the more pulsing current you hit it with the faster it will work.
When our summer gets here I have a couple 6 Volt ones that I need to try it on. The one in an old Allis Chalmers tractor will be first.

/ A Battery Rejuvenator #136  
Amazon sells a battery desulfator called a wiz bang. It's $25.00 and has decent reviews

/ A Battery Rejuvenator #138  
Wizbang Battery Desulfator Solar Wind EV Marine Storage
Wizbang Desulfator (18)

List Price: $34.95
Price: $24.99 + Free Shipping
You Save: $9.96 (28%)
18 reviews

/ A Battery Rejuvenator #139  
I left my newly built de-sulphater hooked up and outside last nite. Woke up about midnight and it was raining hard. This morning, no light, so I figured it got wet and blew the fuse. Found that the bulb was cracked and had water inside. Guess cold rain and a hot bulb didn't mix. I'll hook it back up today, inside I guess.