A Battery Rejuvenator

/ A Battery Rejuvenator #151  
There's a new way called EZbattery ([url]www.EZbattery.info)[/URL] to bring nearly any type of old battery back to life so it's just like new again. This method works with nearly every type of battery out there ...and it's simple and quick. In case you're wondering, you'll be able to bring car, phone, and laptop batteries back to life with this. It even works with solar/off-grid, marine, golf cart, and forklift batteries. Plus, many more!

The shill is selling the stuff.
The only way to rejuvenate a battery is to grind it up and re-refine and smelt the metal.

/ A Battery Rejuvenator #152  
The shill is selling the stuff.
The only way to rejuvenate a battery is to grind it up and re-refine and smelt the metal.

So you still haven't built one of these simple kits?
Why are you trolling here?
Mine does a great job bringing sulfated batteries back to life.

/ A Battery Rejuvenator #153  
So you still haven't built one of these simple kits?
Why are you trolling here?
Mine does a great job bringing sulfated batteries back to life.

Did you notice the advertisement stated any type of battery . And implied restoration to "NEW" without addressing the type of damage.
A battery damaged by sulfation may have some of it's CCA and amp hr capacity restord but the battery will still fall far short of new specs.
No tinker project will compensate for lost electrolyte , shorted cell plates, buckled plates, plate material that has flaked off or open internal bus connections.
Why did I post? To keep other readers from wasting their $$$ on a scam and possibly blowing a battery up in their faces. My motivation is more noble than yours.

/ A Battery Rejuvenator #154  
Too bad he didn't test this explosion theory, he might have had a lightbulb moment.

For years electrical repair techs have used an inline incandescent bulb as a safety device, in case of short, guess what happens? THE BULB LIGHTS UP.

WHOOP WHOOP.

/ A Battery Rejuvenator #155  
Well, I have to post this to keep all of you informed. I posted this same thread on another forum. A member there challenged me that this is not safe. After some positing back and forth he finally stated that if the diode goes bad or is defective the battery could explode.

I replied that I was going to test his theory. So sometime this week I will see if he is correct. I don't want anyone injured if there is a problem. Also, if this is a problem I want to post it here. I have been using this charger quite a bit and have not seen anything dangerous with its use. I am going the test this. I will post my results here.

To answer some of the question, John_Mc, when I first made this I just made the extension cord with diode. I added the outlets in a different fashion. I then saw the adapter at Harbor Freight and thought that would work better. There are few ways you can make this.

dcyrilc, the way I understand it is that the sulfation coats the plates and the battery cannot accept a charge. The typical chargers we use cannot overcome the sulfation. That is why they sell these special chargers to try to restore these batteries. The best way to keep the sulfation down is to keep the battery charged.

Today I tested my welder battery after a few days of none use. The thing started right up. This battery is 7 years old, I ran the electrolyte dry and it only showed a 3 volt load test. Something is working right.

Any way I will see how my theory testing goes.
I realize this post is quite old, but was wondering if you had any updates to add? Have you found this to be a safe method to rejuvenate batteries? I’m SO tired of endlessly putting out money for new batteries for all kinds of equipment. They cost a fortune and regardless of how I try to maintain them, their lifespans seem to be getting shorter & shorter every year…while the prices keep going up! Any feedback would be very appreciated! Thanks! 😊
Patti

/ A Battery Rejuvenator #156  
Desulfators do work. Just stay away from these little home brew or commercial jobs. If you do use these small desulfators, you pretty much have to start with a new battery and it will keep them in shape. Mine are lasting anywhere from 9 to 14 years depending on brand, size and type of battery.

/ A Battery Rejuvenator #157  
My 2 cents? (5 with inflation)
If any battery is, like, 5 years old or so simply replace it.
Any more life is simply borrowed time so count yourself lucky.

/ A Battery Rejuvenator #158  
My 2 cents? (5 with inflation)
If any battery is, like, 5 years old or so simply replace it.
Any more life is simply borrowed time so count yourself lucky.
I've been using BatteryMinder desulfating battery chargers and maintainers for about 20 years now. In all that time, I've only had one auto, truck, dump trailer, ATV, Lawnmower, or motorcycle battery go bad in less than 9 years (most are over that age now, unless it's a new vehicle still on its original battery). The one exception was the motorcycle-sized battery in my log forwarding trailer, which lasted 4 months. Fortunately, it has a six month warranty, so was replaced for free (a cheap, no-name battery). My tractor battery is 6 years old and still going strong. The previous one went just over 13 years.

/ A Battery Rejuvenator #159  
I have a 11 year old one in my Steiner. Just tested the IR with a capacity meter. Out of 410 CCA it's at 310 CCA on the tester. Still going......