A question for you guys with cabs.

/ A question for you guys with cabs. #1  

mjncad

Tractor
A couple
Now that cabs are becoming more common, along with creature comforts in them; would you have a leather seat if it was offered as an option?

I have cloth seats in my truck and I like them; but it takes a bit of work to clean them if they get stained. So I'm thinking a practical leather seat might be a good option in a tractor. By practical, I don't mean Lexus luxury leather; but something durable and relatively easy to clean. After all, leather is the original all weather soft seating surface that was used in cars long before vinyl seats were invented.

/ A question for you guys with cabs. #2  
I want to get a plain old cloth type seat cover. I can't see the cloth seat staying too clean over a decade or so. Plus if you had to get out of the cab and got dirty, if the seat is covered you don't have to worry about getting back in and messing things up.

I would not want leather. Grease on it would be a problem, same concerns over time. You're right on the money with "durable and relatively easy to clean". A seat cover is nice because if it gets too bad you can just replace it. I have seat covers over the cloth seats in my truck too.

Pete

/ A question for you guys with cabs. #3  
I think a leather seat would be easy to keep clean.Most of the time I have a rag hanging out of my back pocket anyway

/ A question for you guys with cabs. #4  
My wife has leather seats in her car with AC and heating built into it. I have used leather before and sweat too much, so if it came with air flowing through it, yes, otherwise I will be using seat covers and throw them away when they get dirty. Cabela's has some good economical ones.

/ A question for you guys with cabs. #5  
I'm one of those people that don't like leather seats although I must admit that the seats in my wife's SUV do smell good. I prefer cloth but the back seat in the crew cab and the van do have covers on them.

I like the seat cover idea for the tractor though. I must admit that it can get a little dusty at times. I need to check that out.

/ A question for you guys with cabs. #7  
I would stay with cloth.

/ A question for you guys with cabs. #8  
My Dad recovered an ATV seat with leather. I remember laughing at him but 10 years later the seat still looks good and his ATV gets used/worked hard.

/ A question for you guys with cabs. #9  
My Dad recovered an ATV seat with leather. I remember laughing at him but 10 years later the seat still looks good and his ATV gets used/worked hard.

Nothing like straddling a hot black leather seat left out in the sun:confused2:

/ A question for you guys with cabs. #10  
I am not real fond of the plastic seat that comes with my tractor, but I definitely wouldn't want cloth beause it would get dusty in the summer.

Kubota%20B3030%20HSDC%20left%20side%20interior.jpg