3-Point Hitch Lowering speed adj knob under seat

/ Lowering speed adj knob under seat #1  

Busaboy

Kub MX5000 what is the best way to free up the lowering speed adj knob under the seat for the 3 point hitch mine is stuck. I was told to take it out and spray lubricant on it.

/ Lowering speed adj knob under seat #2  
I haven't looked at mine close enough to see how it is set up. I would think PB Blaster fluid or WD40 would be a good start. It probably isn't easy to get to with a air nozzle and blast out any crud around the shaft.
Your rear lift is working ok isn't it?

/ Lowering speed adj knob under seat #3  
dont do it by turning by the handle because you are likely to break the connection. Probably just get a pair of pliers and turn the rod a little each way until it loosens up. Then keep on spraying wd40 and keep turning slowly.

I dont know how you take them out, though.

/ Lowering speed adj knob under seat
Lift works properly just goes down to slow using the blade or yard rake. I used PB Blast I will put the pliers on it today. Thanks I will post what happened later

/ Lowering speed adj knob under seat #5  
Be careful with the pliers so that you don't scar up the shaft close to the gland nut. Keep soaking it with PB Blaster. If you can get at the Gland nut you may even back that off a bit and see if it helps you turn the control.

/ Lowering speed adj knob under seat #6  
On my tractor You have to set the speed with the TPH down. If you try to adjust it with pressure on the hitch it wont turn.
Bill

/ Lowering speed adj knob under seat
OK I just got it free, PB Blast let it sit for a few min and pliers left to right til it freed up. After that it works with TPH up or down thanks guys for all the help.