looking for other broken tc30's

/ looking for other broken tc30's #1  

greystone

Tractor
nh tc30
hi all, looking for others just like me that own a new holland that has a cracked block and or clutch housing. 4 year old tc 30 loader and backhoe 387 hours.

/ looking for other broken tc30's #2  
I have not heard of any rash of issues with this model. My dads neighbor has a TC33 that I use from time to time when I am at my dads place cutting fire wood and it seems like a tough little tractor.

I have heard of others with all brands that have cracked the block and the bell housing using FEL's too hard. 99 times out of 100 the warranty claims are denied. The say its a loader, not a pusher, and that abuse is what caused the cracking.

Hate to deliver the bad news but too many tractors get used like dozers so this happens and they are very tough to get warranty claims on.

Chris

/ looking for other broken tc30's #3  
hi all, looking for others just like me that own a new holland that has a cracked block and or clutch housing. 4 year old tc 30 loader and backhoe 387 hours.

What were you using the tractor for? What were you doing when the failure occurred?
Haven't heard or read of any tractors breaking the engine or clutch housing except for some with 3ph backhoes (which is probably what happened here).

/ looking for other broken tc30's #4  
I posted a thread in the this section about 2 years ago when my brother in laws New TC 30 developed large cracks in the bell housing and rear of engine block. It was moved by the powers that be on TBN to the New Holland forum, where some took offense and ultimately the thread began to take a sour turn. His tractor was covered under warranty, and the long block and bell housing were replaced. Here is a forum link to the thread.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/new-holland-owning-operating/128323-brother-laws-tc-30-ready.html

/ looking for other broken tc30's #6  
I have a 2000 tC - 29 D with a FEL but I use the loader as a loader and have always been careful not to push on anything like you might do with a track loader or dozier mainly because I was afraid of hurting the hyd. cylinders..I know it is tempting to push a tractor beyond what it was intened for. I hope all works out well for you. So far I have had no similar problems..Knock on wood !

/ looking for other broken tc30's
wow great post guys. well i didnt think i was abusing the tractor. as for what i was doing when the block cracked i was puting in a culvert. not hard digging. after looking at the tractor i have found that the crack in the clucth housing is on both sides. and yes nh wants nothing to do with it. as for how the bh mounts it has a bracket at the bottom of the rear differential and a sub frame that mounts at the bottom of the loader uprights. it also has an attachment on the 3pt tensinion arm. should not have affected the clutch housing in my opinion. mike

/ looking for other broken tc30's #8  
I am not the best at describing the varying models or parts of backhoes (or tractors at all for that matter) but I do specifically remember reading about NH TC's breaking hard when using a backhoe a few years ago when I started looking for a CUT. I read enough about it to steer me away from NH. Maybe do a search in Google and not just here. I can't remember where I read it, but I don't remember it being that hard to find.

/ looking for other broken tc30's #10  
Yeah, I should explain that I think it was the TYPE of backhoe being used that caused the problem, like was alluded to above about the BH being frame-mount or TPH.

I will admit that it also made me cautious to operate a BH on my Kubota without making sure it is adequate.

Additionally, the NH dealers in my area wanted more for a 1510 than I could get my L2800HST for, and I thought that was ridiculous.