Traction Bobcat CT225 power and climbing issue

/ Bobcat CT225 power and climbing issue #11  
I have the same tractor. It will spin tires in low on firm grass but not concrete. It does have trouble with steep hills when I Bushog(with loader) but only ones that are at the limit of safety. I am over 4000lbs with loader and bushog, but no loaded tires. Loaded tires make a ton of difference in traction so it is hard to say for sure you have a problem. I feel that my tractor is slightly underpowered for it's size.

/ Bobcat CT225 power and climbing issue #12  
So, I guess the question the question is should 32.5 to 36.3 % to grade is too steep for mid range in a 27 hp, 3000lb HST tractor?

Probably yes. Your tractor naked is 3100-3300#.....with FEL, you, and
ballast, you could be 4000-5000#. There is no need to attempt such
a steep slope in M, however. Not getting up in L would be unacceptable.

Again, this is not a power issue.....DaeDong should have either used a
higher RV pressure OR a slightly lower final gear ratio to increase the
force (torque) delivered to the wheels.

The easy way to get slope measurements (%) is to use a level and a
measuring tape to get the rise/run ratio: If I use a 4-ft level and hold
it horizontal with one end on my slope, I just measure the rise at the
the other end. If my rise is say, 12", then my slope is 12/48=25%. No
need for trig unless you are messing with angles.

/ Bobcat CT225 power and climbing issue #13  
Can the 225 engine be turned into a 230/235? The rest of the tractor is the same. what would be involved? Injectors, pump, reflash ECM. Maybe Liners and Pistons. Anybody got bore and stroke specs on these? Perhaps even Distributer pump and injector #s. Maybe we can hot rod that 225 for you!!!

/ Bobcat CT225 power and climbing issue #14  
I think a 230 only has 3 (27 vs 30) more horsepower. I would'nt think that would be worth much trouble.

/ Bobcat CT225 power and climbing issue
Yes, the 230 only has 3 and the 35 has 8 more HP. I went with a new model CT225 (they should have called it a CT227 like Kioti called theirs the CK27 over the CK25 as B-C originally was a 25 HP). The CT230 was 800 more and the 35 was almost 2K more. I don't mind having to get off the pedal, what makes me mad is I don't want to have to change speeds. If I could climb those hills w/o loader mowing or fill my loader in mid range with light pedal I would be happy, it is what I expected. Instead I have to do everything in low range and shnge speeds to transport or transition from hill to flat while mowing.(I have a lot of that)

/ Bobcat CT225 power and climbing issue #16  
Wow it is amazing that it weighs that much naked. My B2320 only weighs about 1500lbs, without loaded tires.

WB

/ Bobcat CT225 power and climbing issue
Wow it is amazing that it weighs that much naked. My B2320 only weighs about 1500lbs, without loaded tires.

WB

Kubotas are generally a lot lighter than Kiotis/Bobcats. My L3010 was only 2700lbs Naked and it was a L frame tractor. I think most Kubota owners spend their time adding weight to get traction. It also helps HST performance not to have all that weight either. If I had originally bought a B2910 way back in 2001 I think I would still have it. I used my brothers Kubota L3450 for a long time so I bought a L3010 GST when I got my own as it was about the same size as his. When I had added barns decks and landscaping it turned out too big and I wasn't crazy about the Glide Shift so I sold and got the Kioti LK3054. Even though it was smaller it weighs a little more and climbs like a billy goat. So I buy the Bobcat because I liked the Kioti so well and it was basically a CK27. I read no HST complaints on the CK27. Imagine my surprise....