New Owner JD 5105

/ New Owner JD 5105 #1  

markwillcott

Tractor
JD 5105
OK, can't search any more. I think we've looked at every tractor in texas. Most 4 or 5 times. We went back and forth between a compact and a full size. Settled on a MFWD 5105 with a 522 on it. 2007 with 220 hours for 18k. Has a disk with it, 6 ft, dont' know what brand. Picking up a trailer tomorrow and then going to pick up the tractor in San Antonio. All in all it looks like a 33k package new from the JD dealer (5055) with the implements we are probably going to go buy. We should come out at 23k, so 10k for the depreciation hit....

Anyways, appreciate all the info here, i imagine we'll be posting before we know it with stupid questions.

As we say in the computer world, nobody ever got fired for buying IBM. (same goes for JD i believe.)

Thanks, MRW

/ New Owner JD 5105 #3  
Enjoy the new beasty... see you soon

Chilly

/ New Owner JD 5105 #4  
Welcome, you'll enjoy your new toy.....opps,,,,,tool:)

/ New Owner JD 5105 #5  
Good choice the Deere 5000 and 5 (more specifically the 5105) was given one of the 2009 Iron Solutions (Highly valued guide books) highest residual value award. This was based on 2006 equipment with the highest residual value in the us market after 3 years in service compared to the original selling price.

/ New Owner JD 5105 #6  
You got yourself a really good tractor. Enjoy and be safe with it

/ New Owner JD 5105
Finally getting some pics posted. The one in the parking lot of the barbque place is on the way home.

The one in the trees is at it's new home.

The other two are just to show that i'm definitely marrying the right woman come June 19th! And she only got the tractor stuck once that first day.

Now we have to buy a shredder and box blade. I think we're settled on a Rhino, what was the TW72, I cant remember what the current model is. I found a TW72 with very little use for 1750 obo, but its 230 miles away and i don't feel like driving over there to buy a shredder from a guys house who knows nothing about it, has no way to load it and doesn't really seem like the guy who would normally have a shredder. Hate to think about buying ill-gotten goods.

Anyway, more pics as we go along, we'll have plenty of opportunity i'm sure.

MRW

Attachments

• DSC_2938.jpg
    DSC_2938.jpg
    376 KB · Views: 172
  • DSC_2946.jpg
    DSC_2946.jpg
    408.7 KB · Views: 227
  • DSC_2947.jpg
    DSC_2947.jpg
    410.5 KB · Views: 180
  • DSC_2934.JPG
    DSC_2934.JPG
    595 KB · Views: 166
   / New Owner JD 5105
And i'm on the way to the car wash with it here in a few. Just getting out of the kitchen as Easter Sunday gets rolling.

Happy Easter.

MRW

/ New Owner JD 5105 #9  
Congratulations on your new equipment and best wishes for your forthcoming wedding. Seems like you are going to be one busy guy, unless that gal you're marrying figures to take over the tractor chores!

/ New Owner JD 5105 #10  
Congratulations on your new tractor and upcoming wedding.