Tried to back up my van using my heel today!

/ Tried to back up my van using my heel today! #1  

Anonymous Poster

HI!

Not yet 10 hours on the new Kubota B2910 which was delivered on Tuesday.

This morning my van would not back out of a parking space and I realized I was pushing down on the floor with my heel, rather than on the gas pedal...

Is there a message here?

Perhaps the Hydrostat syndrome?

Is there a cure?

Bill in Pittsburgh, PA...sort of...

/ Tried to back up my van using my heel today! #2  
Let's hope you don't think that van will stop by just lifting your foot off the gas pedal also. That is the one thing I fear after spending all day on the tractor. That is real easy to get used to.

GS

/ Tried to back up my van using my heel today! #3  
Sure. Get a Deere, as there is a separate pedal for forward and reverse. Don't have to use your heel.

/ Tried to back up my van using my heel today! #4  
That was one of the biggest reasons I bought a Deere. That rocker pedal Kubota has was poorly located for some my height and would have made tractoring work, and who wants that? /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Tried to back up my van using my heel today! #5  
I assume the Kubota is newer than the van, so it's project time. /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif Build a hydrostat pedal for the van. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

I don't know what the green boys are talking about, twin pedal designs aren't any closer to a car than a single pedal, unless they think they can go in reverse by hitting the brake? /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Tried to back up my van using my heel today! #6  
A simple cure is to get a John Deere HST.bell

/ Tried to back up my van using my heel today! #7  
<font color=blue>"I don't know what the green boys are talking about, twin pedal designs aren't any closer to a car than a single pedal, unless they think they can go in reverse by hitting the brake?"</font color=blue>

As one of the Deere owners to whom I assume you refer let me set the record straight for you. I did not say anything about twin pedals being closer to automotive design or even imply that they were in any way, shape, form, manner or function superior to the Kubota design. My only comment, which even the most cursory review of my post will make clear to you, is that it was uncomfortable for me to operate and that was a big reason I bought my Deere.

Further, let me state the obvious for you here. I do not believe braking will cause my tractor to go in reverse any more than I appreciate the implication that I would.

/ Tried to back up my van using my heel today! #8  
Gary,

Relax, I didn't mean to offend you and other twin pedal users, of course you don't think your brake pedal allows you to go in reverse. I thought I make would a joke, thus the /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif. <font color=blue> BTW, you forgot the /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif when you quoted me. </font color=blue> /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Bill's original post was a light hearted post about becoming accustomed to his new hydrostat. IMHO, I don't think he was looking for serious advice, and with two twin pedal acclaimations after only 3 replies, I felt Bill was being ganged-up upon, and I felt the need to lighten things up again. Obviously, it didn't have that effect for you. Forgive me if I was wrong. /w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif

/ Tried to back up my van using my heel today! #9  
BigDave,
Those hst. sound way to confusing to me.
I better stick with my manual transmission./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Tried to back up my van using my heel today! #10  
No problem. I would like to keep it light too. Sometimes it is hard to type things and have them come across to the reader as our intended 'humor', or subtle kidding. Also, we are all probably too proud of our choices of orange, blue, green, or some other color.

About something similar to the pedals, I have a TrailBlazer (Chevy SUV) with the auto. shift on the floor (or close). Now when I get into my wifes' van, I am often waving my hand in the air towards the floor, reaching for the shift lever, which is now on the steering column. Makes my wife laugh, and sometimes I don't think it is so funny. I try not to show it though. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif