FINALY pulled the trigger!! Waahooo!

/ FINALY pulled the trigger!! Waahooo! #1  

JJOConnor

Tractor
Kubota BX2200
Well I DID it! It was delivered this morning!
I have a new (to me) 2004 Kubota L5030, HST, cab with 155 hours. It has a brand new Woods loader, QA bucket, and new 7 ft box blade. I'lll take some better pictures, but a few below taken by the wifely unit, not much for camera backlight skills, but still shows the real machine. I have just pulled out a tree stump that my previous BX2200 could only dream about.

So now I hunt for the flail mower. New Caroni TM1900 is a possibility, but I have to make a few passes at CraigsList and of course eBay first. BTW; subject of Flail mowers has stimulated lots of traffic, and I read most of it but I am still confused. So for you flail mower operators, especially the Caroni crowd, which set of knives did you go with? The finish cut inverted Ys, or the stouter hammers? My particular interest is mostly for finish cut, but I do have some rocks that seem to grow out every spring and I leave a lot of pruning branches for the mower to mulch. Had a mid-mount 3-blade rotary on the BX, not going to do that again as I nearly blasted a dog with hurled rock and did break a tail light on my truck from a launched stone.

Anyway, glad to be back in the membership ! My first few moments on the L5030 tonight were really amazing! More Power! Have to get used to that brake pedal right over the toe pedal for forward HST - why did they put it there?

I'll be posting as my long list of projects commences.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 198
  • photo(2).jpg
    photo(2).jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 164
  • photo(3).jpg
    photo(3).jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 165
   / FINALY pulled the trigger!! Waahooo! #2  
Congrats.
Better pace yourself,might work your Kubota out of projects before you realize it. ;)

/ FINALY pulled the trigger!! Waahooo! #3  
Good for you,nice tractor.

/ FINALY pulled the trigger!! Waahooo! #4  
Congratulations on your new tractor, I have been happy with mine overall. As to the brakes, so far I only use mine to lock when parked, so the location hasn't been an issue for me. I have a John Deere with brakes on the left and I find that awkward, but some don't.

/ FINALY pulled the trigger!! Waahooo! #5  
Congrats, JJOC! Nice rig! Now you've got to update your equipment profile!! Enjoy!! ~Scotty