First Project with BX2200

/ First Project with BX2200 #1  

pemad

Silver Member
Tractor
B7510 HST
Attached is a picture of my first project with my BX2200. I cut in a 10' x 420' path for my new driveway. We are building a new house and I figured I would buy a tractor and do some of the work at my leisure. Yes, it took me about 15 hours to cut in the driveway with this machine but it was fun.

I just had 75 ton of crusher run delivered and bought a roll of Marifi 500x geo-textile material to lay down before I put the crusher run on the driveway. Guess what I am doing this weekend? If I remember to bring my camera I will take more pictures and post them.

LOVE MY BX2200

Attachments

• 47-186192-driveway.JPG
    47-186192-driveway.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 147
   / First Project with BX2200
There is no toothbar on my loader and yes it was GREAT seat time. I could probably do the job in half time now, since I have a much better feel on how to control the loader when cutting the ground.

/ First Project with BX2200 #4  
<font color=blue>I just had 75 ton of crusher run delivered</font color=blue>
Was there a reason you didn't have the dump truck driver spread the stone out? I've never used the fabric, so I don't know if the truck could have driven on it, but I imagine you could have laid the fabric down and the driver could have backed up the great path you made and dumped the stone as he was driving out.

The reason I did not have the truck spread the material is because I did not want the driver to back the truck over the fabric. The directions say you can but after paying 270.00 for the roll I did not want it to get destroyed. I like being on the safe side. I am going to spread the 75 tons over the fabric and then have 50 more tons delivered and have him spread it with the truck. It also gives me TRACTOR time and as a newbie owner I enjoy using the machine.

/ First Project with BX2200 #6  
I kinda figured seat time figured into the reason /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif as well as not wanting a loaded dump truck driving over it. I wasn't sure if it was OK to drive on the fabric or not.

What are you going to use to spread the stone, just your FEL or do you have a rear/box blade?

Just my FEL. Yes, it is going to take some time. I figure 3 to 4 hours with my 48 inch bucket.

/ First Project with BX2200 #8  
Did you consider having the truck roll backwards while dumping? That way the wheels will never be on anything but gravel. You just can't beat the smoothness & evenness of a well-dumped load of gravel.

/ First Project with BX2200 #9  
The fabric would have held under the truck. Or he could have dumped in reverse.