it was all about this rock.....

/ it was all about this rock..... #31  
I buried our 3500 to the front axel earlier when I was unloading a couple of yards of sand I had on it. Fortunately, after waiting a few days for the ground to dry I was able to pull it out with our tractor. We still have soft ground in many areas so I've been careful where I've driven since then.

I have used the FEL to get myself unstuck when the 4 wheel drive and locking rear differential didn't succeed. I put the bucket in the dump position and lift the front of the tractor some with it and the push it back a couple of inches.

Knowing me, it is just a matter of time until I get really stuck. Oh well, I have a chain hoist I'll use at that point. As has been said previously, half the fun is getting out.

/ it was all about this rock..... #32  
I first saw that fordson video a few years ago. When I was last out in Ohio visiting my grandfather and doing some logging we got the tractor stuck. I had my dad cut a hickory log and I chained it up, it worked like a charm. My dad couldnt believe it as you can see from the after photo :D

Attachments

• IMG_4352.jpg
    IMG_4352.jpg
    283.5 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_4340.jpg
    IMG_4340.jpg
    257.3 KB · Views: 115
   / it was all about this rock..... #33  
LOL.....yeah, good point. I believe I will be adding a big winch to my toy arsenal. I had tried using my four-wheeler's 2500# winch (with the four wheeler chained to a tree). No Dice.....too small. I'm gonna have to go shopping for a manual "insurance winch" to attach to a tree.....or some such thing.

Any recommendations?

Get the winch or use a little more descretion about where you drive you tractor.

/ it was all about this rock..... #34  
Ag tires.??....They now look like Nascar Slicks.!!

That's a real bummer. I hate it when green turns brown. Glad you're out.

/ it was all about this rock..... #35  
This summer I,ll have to take my brand new MF 1643 in a **soft spot **on our land , i need to make a new road , that part of the land was destroyed by the electric company I,ll have my Farmi logging winch on the back, it should be a very good insurance just in case of........:D. Be safe.