Bleeding wet brakes?

/ Bleeding wet brakes? #1  

Michael Ides

I have a Yanmar grey market tractor, FX28D. It has wet internal brakes. I lost the reservoir line into the brake valve and so the brakes are not functional. I replaced and refilled the line but no brakes, I am assuming that I have air in the line. I am not finding a place to bleed the lines, any suggestions? I have a catalog which shows the parts but I dont see anyplace to bleed. I also have a catalog for a John Deere 336 which is supposed to be similar, but it has external dry brakes- so no help there. Any advice?

/ Bleeding wet brakes? #2  
So you are saying the brakes are not a mechanically connected, but have a master cylinder like car brakes, with brake fluid under pressure in a brake line?

If so, there should be a way to at least crack the brake line between the master cylinder and the brake cylinder, which mechanically activates the brake shoes.

Something just doesn't sound right to me here. :confused:

/ Bleeding wet brakes? #3  
I have a Yanmar grey market tractor, FX28D. It has wet internal brakes. I lost the reservoir line into the brake valve and so the brakes are not functional. I replaced and refilled the line but no brakes, I am assuming that I have air in the line. I am not finding a place to bleed the lines, any suggestions? I have a catalog which shows the parts but I dont see anyplace to bleed. I also have a catalog for a John Deere 336 which is supposed to be similar, but it has external dry brakes- so no help there. Any advice?

I know nothing about a Yanmar. I had a 574 IH and the bleeders were on each side of the axle housing under the rockshafts. They were larger than what's on a car or truck. They were a little hard to get to but could get my hand in there to do the job. Bled them just like a car but the tractor engine running needed to be running on that model. Had to have someone in the seat to press the pedals too.