Default Bleeding wet brakes?

I have a Yanmar grey market tractor, FX28D. It has wet internal brakes. I lost the reservoir line into the brake valve and so the brakes are not functional. I replaced and refilled the line but no brakes, I am assuming that I have air in the line. I am not finding a place to bleed the lines, any suggestions? I have a catalog which shows the parts but I dont see anyplace to bleed. I also have a catalog for a John deere 336 which is supposed to be similar, but it has external dry brakes- so no help there. Any advice?

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    JD 4300, JD X485 JD 4x2 Gator, JD 425, JD455

Default Re: Bleeding wet brakes?

So you are saying the brakes are not a mechanically connected, but have a master cylinder like car brakes, with brake fluid under pressure in a brake line?

If so, there should be a way to at least crack the brake line between the master cylinder and the brake cylinder, which mechanically activates the brake shoes.

Something just doesn't sound right to me here.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Deutz Fahr Agrofarm 100, Stoll loader, bucket, forks & root grapple

Default Re: Bleeding wet brakes?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Ides View Post
    I have a Yanmar grey market tractor, FX28D. It has wet internal brakes. I lost the reservoir line into the brake valve and so the brakes are not functional. I replaced and refilled the line but no brakes, I am assuming that I have air in the line. I am not finding a place to bleed the lines, any suggestions? I have a catalog which shows the parts but I dont see anyplace to bleed. I also have a catalog for a John Deere 336 which is supposed to be similar, but it has external dry brakes- so no help there. Any advice?
    I know nothing about a Yanmar. I had a 574 IH and the bleeders were on each side of the axle housing under the rockshafts. They were larger than what's on a car or truck. They were a little hard to get to but could get my hand in there to do the job. Bled them just like a car but the tractor engine running needed to be running on that model. Had to have someone in the seat to press the pedals too.
    Charolais