agri supply pto extension length?

/ agri supply pto extension length?
thanks for all the input.

after checking out TSC, they seem to only make extensions over 4" in the bolt on style, not the quick release. they actually had a 15" (6 spl to 6 spl) on the shelf, but bolt on. there were various other styles and spline types, but none like i needed.

so i double checked my implements and one (brush hog) engages about 1" as it is, and the other (finish mower) is about 1" from touching. so a 4" or 4.5" extension should be fine.

is there any preference to either of these styles of quick connect? push button or collar?

PTO ADAPTER 1-3/8X6SPL M. X 1-3/8X6SPL F - Agri Supply

QUICK RELEASE ADAPTER

the collar type states 4.5", which i wouldn't mind that little bit extra, but it seems like that type could be more prone to getting froze up and not being able to be removed!

/ agri supply pto extension length? #12  
My experience with PTO extentions, is that they tend to add a little extra wobble at that connection. I have been concerned that extra play in that connection would eventually take out my tractor PTO bearing or seal or both. Just something to keep a close check on as time goes on? Ken Sweet
That has been my concern also. For a time I ran a pto pump on a tractor and needed the extended shaft. It does seem to stress things a bit more, as my seals had to be replaced.

/ agri supply pto extension length? #13  
defed, you'll notice the second link you posted, the picture shows a different male spline than the description says. You might need to call to clarify.