agri supply pto extension length?

/ agri supply pto extension length? #1  

defed

Gold Member
have a JD 4300. the pto shafts for my 3pt finish mower and brush are now too short! they fit my ford 600 w/ over running coupler. i would just move the coupler to the JD (tho it's not needed) for the extra length, but the JD doesn't have a hole in the pto shaft.

instead of buying 2 new shafts, i will get an extension for the JD. have read many good things about the agri supply model on TBN, but never saw mention of the length it extends...my guess is 4". anyone know for sure?

PTO ADAPTER 1-3/8X6SPL M. X 1-3/8X6SPL F - Agri Supply

thanks.

/ agri supply pto extension length? #2  
have a JD 4300. the pto shafts for my 3pt finish mower and brush are now too short! they fit my ford 600 w/ over running coupler. i would just move the coupler to the JD (tho it's not needed) for the extra length, but the JD doesn't have a hole in the pto shaft.

instead of buying 2 new shafts, i will get an extension for the JD. have read many good things about the agri supply model on TBN, but never saw mention of the length it extends...my guess is 4". anyone know for sure?

PTO ADAPTER 1-3/8X6SPL M. X 1-3/8X6SPL F - Agri Supply

thanks.
Item #18139 part #118-2248, it's 5 5/8" long overall, but only adds 3" to your overall length. I have one...it was $29.95 + s & h. They get parts out faster than anyone I know of.

/ agri supply pto extension length? #3  
I've got the same adapter (got mine at Tractor Supply). It adds about 4" to the length of the tractor's PTO stub shaft.
Got mine after I put the Pat's Easy Change on the draft links. Pat's EC extends the draft link connection out about 4 to 5 inches.
So, if you need an extra 4", the Agri adapter will work fine for you, and probably be cheaper then the Deere one.

I'm glad that 4300 is working well for you, defed! Just be glad my trip to Buffalo was after you bought that tractor! Did you fix those few items you'd written about after you bought it? Seems like it needed a new seat and a few other things.

/ agri supply pto extension length? #4  
I bought two of those extensions from Argi Supply in 2007. Each one of mine adds 4 3/8" to the effecttive shaft length (measuring from the center of the locking pin of the female end to the center of the locking groove on the male end). They have worked great for me. I too purchased them after adding Pat's Quick Change.

/ agri supply pto extension length?
thanks...i have to check the local TSC to see what they have/can get. i think i MIGHT want 6"...4" would probably be fine, but wouldn't mind the extra engagement. locking pin to center of lower arm is about 21" on the JD and about 17" on the ford, which is 4"...but then when i start doing math with the shaft lengths...things seem to change. of course, maybe i didn't have as much engagement as i thought using the ford.

I'm glad that 4300 is working well for you, defed! Just be glad my trip to Buffalo was after you bought that tractor! Did you fix those few items you'd written about after you bought it? Seems like it needed a new seat and a few other things.

i fixed the key switch so the intake heater comes on using the key. the nut wasn't threaded on all the way so the head of the key bottomed out on the nut before it could be pushed in far enough. held my hand on the heater, and it does come on, along w/ the light.

tightened the throttle so it stays where you put it.

didn't bother w/ a seat yet.

just changed the knuckle seal this wkend. started leaking badly after sitting for 4 days, then after that, some days it would seep a little, some days not at all. dealer gave me the parts to do it since i had only put 10 hrs on it since i got it.

just did a bit of dirt moving w/ the loader and box blade today. most everything mechanical (engine, tranny) seem to be in fine shape, just a bunch of cosmetic problems and then that bad seal.

locking pin to center of lower arm is about 21" on the JD and about 17" on the ford, which is 4"...but then when i start doing math with the shaft lengths...things seem to change. of course, maybe i didn't have as much engagement as i thought using the ford.

i don't know why i'm bothering w/ math when i just had the brilliant idea of hooking up the implement, put the drive side onto the tractor pto and see how much i need to get the desired overlap...will do that tomorrow and see if 4" is enough.

/ agri supply pto extension length? #8  
i don't know why i'm bothering w/ math when i just had the brilliant idea of hooking up the implement, put the drive side onto the tractor pto and see how much i need to get the desired overlap...will do that tomorrow and see if 4" is enough.
Don't forget my measurement when you are hooking up...everyone is tossing different numbers at you but I have the ASC model you mention and it is EXACTLY 5 5/8" long and will give you EXACTLY 3" in added overall length. No more, no less...not adjustable. I even went to ASC's web site and looked it up to make sure my measurements are correct...dead on. Good luck.

Don't forget my measurement when you are hooking up...everyone is tossing different numbers at you but I have the ASC model you mention and it is EXACTLY 5 5/8" long and will give you EXACTLY 3" in added overall length. No more, no less...not adjustable. I even went to ASC's web site and looked it up to make sure my measurements are correct...dead on. Good luck.

the part you posted is different than the one i posted...if i recall, the one i was looking at has an overall length of 6 3/8" (doesn't give actual extension amount) and is $19.95. the one you posted does say 5 5/8" overall and 3" extension for $29.95. looks like a 'bolt on' too, so not sure why it's $10 more?

i found some that list the extension as 4 1/2", so now i have to recheck how much i REALLY need. can't seem to find any 6" onine.

/ agri supply pto extension length? #10  
My experience with PTO extentions, is that they tend to add a little extra wobble at that connection. I have been concerned that extra play in that connection would eventually take out my tractor PTO bearing or seal or both. Just something to keep a close check on as time goes on? Ken Sweet