jd 71 flex planter

/ jd 71 flex planter #1  

craig3320

i got a used jd 71 2 row 3pt flex planter, there was no manual with it and i need to know how to set it up for corn. thanks

/ jd 71 flex planter #2  
i got a used jd 71 2 row 3pt flex planter, there was no manual with it and i need to know how to set it up for corn. thanks

I seen a manual for a 71 Flex on Ebay last week. That is a good place to start. JD dealer probably would have them also. Ken Sweet

/ jd 71 flex planter #3  
Find the Yetter site, they have the manual online that you can download. Yetter makes the 71 planter now. bjr

/ jd 71 flex planter #4  
Yetter does have the manual, but it is not "exactly" the same as the JD manual. http://www.yetterco.com/help/manuals/7012-150_planter_unit.pdf

The yetter manual shows planting distances based on mph, but the JD manual for the 71 does not. I have a JD manual. If you will PM me your fax number I will fax you a copy.

30 Row Spacing
Spacing / Drive Sprocket/ Shaft Sprocket/ Plate/ Plant population

7"/ 14/ 20/ 24 cell/ 29,900
10"/ 14/ 20/ 16 cell/ 20,900

With 60" row spacing you will get 1/2 of that.

Make sure you get the correct plate for your seed corn. Mine called for a B9-16. I had to search around to find it.

With the white field corn I bought I had to buy a B5-16 and B5-24x (same plate, but different # of cells).

www.lincolnagproducts had new plates, but there are several guys on ebay that have used plates. I also have an email of a guy with a bunch of used plates if you send me a PM.

Chris

/ jd 71 flex planter
thanks, still looking and still trying to adjust, how do i pm you thanks