Ever Been Stopped By Police While Driving Your Tractor? I Have..

/ Ever Been Stopped By Police While Driving Your Tractor? I Have.. #21  
Never had it happen to me, but here is a related sort of story.

In our area (small town surrounded by rural area) there was a late-middle-aged man who would mow yards in the area using his riding mower. He lived maybe a couple miles outside of town on what everyone called "old 46", so he would just ride the mower in to town for his mowing duties. "Old 46" was previously State Road 46 until a new highway was built. It then became a county road.

Well, "Brownie", as everyone called him, used to like to stop in at one of the local bars after a hard day of mowing. Generally he skipped lunch when he was mowing, so the beers he drank were going into an empty stomach. Add to this that this was a hot day, and Brownie was pretty tired before his stop at the bar.

After a few brews he hopped on his rider and started home.

Can you see where this is leading?

Sure enough, ole Brownie got pulled over for driving his mower left of center on old 46. Soon as the cop approached him, the cop knew sure as anything that there had been some alcohol involved.

He was the only guy I've ever known to get a drunk driving citation on a riding mower.

You must be near me because I know where old 46 is, never heard that story though, thanks for sharing:laughing:

/ Ever Been Stopped By Police While Driving Your Tractor? I Have.. #22  
I have a funny story about being pulled over while driving a tractor. I was driving my international 1066 pulling a fully loaded hay wagon down rt 31 which is a state highway that my farm is on. The state police had set up a seat belt check where they stop traffic and check every vehicle. Well, when i was up to the check point the cops had a fit that i didn't have a seat belt. The couldn't believe that the tractor didn't have one. The whole time i thought to myself in gona take you to court if you give me a ticket. Amazingly i didn't get a ticket although i thought i was going to get one because of the way the cop was acting.

Had something very similar happen to me. I was driving my old IH loadstar and came across a safety check. When I told the young officer that way back when trucks didn't have seat belts and how could I wear something that was never installed. He didn't believe me and when a more experienced officer came over he chuckled a little and said "have a nice day". I'm guessing he didn't want to give the younger officer an education in front of me.

/ Ever Been Stopped By Police While Driving Your Tractor? I Have.. #23  
It's happened more than once...:D

YouTube - Steves Riding Lawn Mower DUI Taser Arrest Video 2

In our area (small town surrounded by rural area) there was a late-middle-aged man who would mow yards in the area using his riding mower. He lived maybe a couple miles outside of town on what everyone called "old 46", so he would just ride the mower in to town for his mowing duties. "Old 46" was previously State Road 46 until a new highway was built. It then became a county road.

Well, "Brownie", as everyone called him, used to like to stop in at one of the local bars after a hard day of mowing. Generally he skipped lunch when he was mowing, so the beers he drank were going into an empty stomach. Add to this that this was a hot day, and Brownie was pretty tired before his stop at the bar.

After a few brews he hopped on his rider and started home.

Can you see where this is leading?

Sure enough, ole Brownie got pulled over for driving his mower left of center on old 46. Soon as the cop approached him, the cop knew sure as anything that there had been some alcohol involved.

He was the only guy I've ever known to get a drunk driving citation on a riding mower.

/ Ever Been Stopped By Police While Driving Your Tractor? I Have.. #24  
The officer must have been a rookie.....

/ Ever Been Stopped By Police While Driving Your Tractor? I Have.. #25  
A few years back I was a volunteer deputy and we arrested the same guy for DUI on a lawnmower 3 times, and a moped twice.

/ Ever Been Stopped By Police While Driving Your Tractor? I Have.. #27  
I bet I am the only one on TBN who has been arrested for driving nails on a Sunday...

/ Ever Been Stopped By Police While Driving Your Tractor? I Have.. #28  
Here in the Peoples Republic of California they have ag tractor laws and construction equipment laws :confused2:

If they write you a ticket for a piece of construction equipment on the road you have to have an SE plate...Special Equipment...More money for the state :drool:

Then if you are using red fuel you will get an additional ticket :confused:
Then the state tax people get involved :confused2:

Seen it happen to other people but never heard the out come

/ Ever Been Stopped By Police While Driving Your Tractor? I Have.. #29  

When I was in college the local college paper would post all the police reports involving students. I guess it was supposed to be a deterrent getting your name in the paper in the police report. Most of the students were quite proud of the fact, but I digress.

Anyway, it seems a couple of college kids were having a grand time at a party, and rather than driving, they hoofed it home. Apparently, they were having a good time on the way home as well, making a bunch of noise and whatnot.

Somewhere along the way they found a shopping cart, and of course, one of them got in while the other pushed.

Well, as any kid knows, if you are pushing your friend on a shopping cart and you get going, you can jump on the back and get a ride as well.

Yep, they got pulled over and ticket for operating a vehicle while intoxicated.