Terrible tractor accident in Southern IL

/ Terrible tractor accident in Southern IL #1  

Doug_D

Tractor
Kubota M7040
Being at work and wanting to post this, I cannot think about it too long or I will lose it.

Yesterday a few miles away from my house a fathers worst nightmare unfolded when his 3 year old baby girl fell in front of the tractor he was driving while mowing. The 3 year old most likely died instantly.

Tractor friends, please always remember to respect the power of these machines we enjoy so much.

As a father of 3 (7,4,2) this hits too close to home.

/ Terrible tractor accident in Southern IL #2  
Thats exactly why you should never mow with people around, especially kids. I can only imagine how he feels. I have a 3 year old also.

/ Terrible tractor accident in Southern IL #3  
Tractors are very dangerous. I have done things in my younger years that when I look back on them, I am glad Murphy's Law did not get involved. I don't bush hog when anybody is nearby. I've seen it throw things very far and hard. Lawnmowers will do it too.

I knew a guy that was using a push mower, felt a sting in his chest, saw a small hole that was bleeding. He went to the ER. After an X-Ray, they discovered a small piece of coat hanger wire had been thrown into him. The Doc said it was as deadly as a .22 if it had hit the right spot.

Or the guy that was bush hogging and left the tractor/mower running to get off for something. Mower grabbed a vine and snatched him under the bush hog, destroying 1 foot/leg.

Hind sight is 20/20. Bet this guy really has a better view of how it should have been done. Too bad he learned the hard way.

Years ago I was bush hogging a pasture. I saw a large kitten run out of the grass/weeds. Next round I saw another that didn't get out of the way. You would think animals would be scared away by the noise, but this time I guess that one panicked, not knowing what to do.

Another older friend mounted a boat seat on the fender of a big International tractor for his grandson to ride with him, even had a seatbelt for him. He was pulling a 7' bush hog. A small piece off a dead limb hit the old guy in the back of the head, hitting pretty hard. That was the end of the grandson's seat, realizing it was just too dangerous. Too bad this guy with the 3 yr old didn't get a warning before such a disaster hit him.

But to chance mowing with a 3 yr old even remotely close on the ground I just don't understand.

/ Terrible tractor accident in Southern IL #4  
My heart goes out to this person, I can't even imagine his anguish.

/ Terrible tractor accident in Southern IL #7  
Good Lord in heaven

/ Terrible tractor accident in Southern IL #8  
Sometimes people just don't think.
Very sad to hear about something like this, prayers for his family.

/ Terrible tractor accident in Southern IL #9  
Unbelievable how something that started out as fun ended so tragically.

At a loss for words........