What is required after tipping a tractor

/ What is required after tipping a tractor #1  

Specop_007

Silver Member
Assuming one of the requirements isnt a mortician..... :p

If you tip a tractor over do you just chain up, pull it upright and be on your way? Or do you have to do any maintenance work due to all your fluids suddenly flowing where they shouldnt?

/ What is required after tipping a tractor #2  
DO NOT TRY TO START IT . That said it may be hydro locked and if you try to start it you can bend or break a rod. Flip it upright check the fluids and see if the battery spilled acid out. Preferably let it set for a few days to let the oil drain back down below the pistons. If you must try to start it disable the fuel making sure it will not start. then use a socket on the front of the engine to see if it will turn over by hand. If it will not turn over then it is hydro locked and I would remove the glow plugs or injectors and crank it over with the starter to blow out the oil. Be careful trying to turn it over by hand. The fuel shut off solenoid is only held on for a few seconds and if I am not mistaken the tractor capable of starting if cranked over fast enough. Probably missed something but thats most of what I would do.

/ What is required after tipping a tractor #3  
first take a quick picture because hopefully you'll never do it a second time, but outside of that I wouldn't think there is a lot that needs to be done depending on how long it was left tipped over. Wait a short period after having righted the machine to allow everything to settle and then check all your fluid levels and if everything looks good, give it a try.

/ What is required after tipping a tractor #4  
My wife makes me tip waiters/waitress or servers as they are now called but tipping a tractor? :confused2: OK, I couldn't resist.
Sorry about your tractor, can you take some pics and tell us what happened to we can all learn from this incident. Hopefully once you get it upright it will run fine with no bent metal. :)

/ What is required after tipping a tractor #5  
I've only been around a tractor for a little over a year, so I'm by no means an expert. If I found myself in this situation, I'd probably... If possible, calm down before trying to do anything to help prevent more mistakes. Give the rest of the tractor a once over, a system at a time...
Safety equip? (Rops tore up? seat belt ok?)
Engine? (fluid levels, engine hydro-locked, air intake clogged with dirt/mud/water?)
Steering (bent steering wheel, broken/bent linkage/tierod/etc)
Other controls (jammed brake pedal/throttle/clutch, etc)
drivetrain (are fenders bent and contacting tires? etc)
hydraulics (are hoses damaged? controls damaged?)
Implements (anything bent into path of FEL/3ph?, etc)

As soon as it got upright and running again, I'd give the brakes and steering a good test.

Oh yea, figure out what made it tip over and never do that again!

Keith

/ What is required after tipping a tractor #6  
In addition to all of the above, a new seat would be on my list.

E/S

/ What is required after tipping a tractor #7  
Re: What is required after tipping a tractor
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In addition to all of the above, a new seat would be on my list.

E/S

ROFLOL....E/S want a new seat cause he knows he crapped in that one...lol...

I'd basically just check it out real good, check the oil and fluids to see if any are missing. If it stayed on it's side or top very long, turning it over by hand is not a bad idea, just in case it did get fluid locked. Do all this before you buy the new seat, just in case you don't really need a new seat after all.

/ What is required after tipping a tractor #8  
Great advice given,if any doubt contact your dealer a.s.a.p..new tractors now a days w/add ons etc.

/ What is required after tipping a tractor #9  
Change your under britches.