Got to use my tractor today!

/ Got to use my tractor today! #1  

anthonyr

Tractor
656 Farmall
I was able to haul some cinders to clean up my driveway today and thought I would share a pic with you all. Thank you!

Attachments

• mts-1.bmp
    225.1 KB · Views: 432
   / Got to use my tractor today! #2  
Starting the day off w/little harassment are we,for some of folks still in mud season..rain mix w/snow as of now..w/no seat this weekend :(....just bust'n on yer thats all. ;)

You have one heck of nice tractor w/setup..makes one drool. :)

/ Got to use my tractor today! #3  
What are cinders exactly?

/ Got to use my tractor today! #4  
Starting the day off w/little harassment are we,for some of folks still in mud season..rain mix w/snow as of now..w/no seat this weekend :(....just bust'n on yer thats all. ;)

You have one heck of nice tractor w/setup..makes one drool. :)

Morning Thomas.

We have about 3" of snow here this am. Two days ago I was out in the woods working on my old field clearing project! About a month earlier than I can usually get to those areas without cutting lots of ruts.

JimmyJ - cinders are what is left as ash/grit from coal burning.
Dave.

/ Got to use my tractor today! #5  
Morning Dave.
Two weeks of warm weather sure spoil us..dusting up to 2" on the ground here w/more to follow. :(

May send smoke signals this afternoon your way..good day to burn brush piles.

/ Got to use my tractor today! #6  
Around here, cinders are crunched up lava rock, but I dunno if those are the same as his cinders?

/ Got to use my tractor today! #7  
Around here cinders are left over after coal is burned. Usually from power plants and boiler houses. They are used in the winter for traction on ice. Back when people burned coal at home drive ways and alleys were cinders because everyone dumped them there.

Dan

/ Got to use my tractor today! #8  
and we ran track on them in High School, although my HS was one of the first in the state to get an "all weather" track!:)

/ Got to use my tractor today! #9  
Called slag around here or short for coal slag. Whats left after coal is burned.

/ Got to use my tractor today!
Around here, cinders are crunched up lava rock, but I dunno if those are the same as his cinders?

That's what it is here too. We live by the San Francisco Peaks and most of the hills around here are volcanic rock (or cinders). Everybody around here uses them in their driveway. In the background of the pic you can see the hill where the cinders are mined from. You can screen them to whatever size you need and haul them off for your driveway. Hope that helps answer some questions?