new member and intro

/ new member and intro #1  

memento

First off, thanks for having such a useful site for reference.

I'm going to be buying my first tractor hopefully by the end of the month. Between this site and my farmer friends/relatives I have settled on a new NH T1520 hst with FEL and box scraper. I was going to go manual, but the wife expressed interest in using it too. I started off considering used, but with all the 0% financing and the fact that even though I CAN work on it, I just want it to work. I have enough projects around.

Right now I see this being used for maintaining my 600' of gravel driveway, "installing" a lawn, clearing some hilly land with trees no larger than 4" diameter, firewood management, and snow bank removal (I have a plow).

Next week I'm having a builder start on another garage that will house my tractor and car projects. I'm restoring a 1964 and 1974 VW and have a 2005 Crossfire.

sooooooo. HELLO!

/ new member and intro #2  
Well, let me be the first to welcome you to TBN! You'll find tons of useful info here on the various forums and a bunch of good folks willing to lend advice.

Good luck with your purchase and stay safe!

/ new member and intro #3  
Congratulations on getting a new tractor and garage to put it in.

I had a 68 VW and a 71 Super Beetle. I needed a "beater" for work and at the time my brother had a business specializing in foreign cars so he took three and made one good one. It was three different colors so I took it to a vocational school and the shot a coat of paint on it. I used that thing for years; probably still running around out there somewhere.

/ new member and intro #4  
Welcome and post some pics of your new tractor when you get it.
I have a 35hp HST and find it real easy to use and has sure made my life a lot easier. Use mine for grading road, light logging, lifting with the backhoe and other back saving labour.
Enjoy yours and many happy safe hours in the seat.

Attachments

• Woodsbackhoe07.jpg
    Woodsbackhoe07.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 98
  • BackBoxBlade 008.jpg
    BackBoxBlade 008.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 68
  • BackBoxBlade 002.jpg
    BackBoxBlade 002.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 113
  • KiotiWoodWood 004.jpg
    KiotiWoodWood 004.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 110
   / new member and intro
thanks for the welcome. Along with my VWs, I'm also an obsessive photographer, so there will be no shortage of pics! :D

I'll add my location to my profile. I'm in upstate NY. Yes, I got hit with just about the WORST of the last snowstorm. The Weather Channel was reporting live from only a few miles from my house, and we got even more than where they were. It was brutal. My 2 year old son LOVED it, but he was the only one.

/ new member and intro #6  
thanks for the welcome. Along with my VWs, I'm also an obsessive photographer, so there will be no shortage of pics! :D

I'll add my location to my profile. I'm in upstate NY. Yes, I got hit with just about the WORST of the last snowstorm. The Weather Channel was reporting live from only a few miles from my house, and we got even more than where they were. It was brutal. My 2 year old son LOVED it, but he was the only one.

Where in upstate NY are you? I am near the Sacandaga Reservoir.

/ new member and intro
If you know where Duanesburg is, then I applaud. :) I'm like halfway between Albany and Amsterdam, but southwest of I90 up on the Helderberg escarpment. My inlaws have a summer house on the reservoir near Northville.

/ new member and intro #8  
Up until I was re-assigned at work, I used to run all over Duanesburg.

I am 2 miles from Northville... I work in Schenectady.

/ new member and intro #9  
Duanesburg! My in-laws live on a 100-acre farm on Scotch Ridge Road. We've visited them annually for the past 25 years. Last summer I helped them gather some of their supply of firewood for the winter (see attached-notice old Ford tractor). They ran out of wood by mid-winter. I guess we will have to shoot for more wood this summer.

Winters are surely harsh in your neck of the woods but summers are beautiful. I've attached two additional pictures from last summer--one of my oldest daughter on Vroman's Nose overlooking Scoharie Valley (I had to change the underwear after that pose!:shocked:) and the other of the valley itself.

Welcome to TBN and good luck with your journeys,

-- LogChain

Attachments

• Firewood.jpg
    Firewood.jpg
    852.1 KB · Views: 90
  • Vromans Nose.jpg
    Vromans Nose.jpg
    885.3 KB · Views: 104
  • Schoharie Valley.jpg
    Schoharie Valley.jpg
    982.5 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
   / new member and intro
amazingly small world out there! I suppose I could expect a better chance that "tractor people" would know of Duanesburg.

I know Scotch Ridge, and having a 100 acre farm I think I probably know that, too! Vroman's Nose is one of my favorite places. Looking at your daughter makes me nautious though, especially seeing the crack in the rock she appears to be standing on!

Here's my Crossfire at the tunnel at the bottom of Kelly Station Rd. You might know that spot.
3733089729_cdd4c10ecf.jpg

I wonder where you're stading for your panorama...
2938013259_5058e4c176_b.jpg