Golf carts as support vehicles...

/ Golf carts as support vehicles... #1  

/pine

Super Star Member
Anyone else use a golf cart as a means to get to and from their tractors or tractor barns?

I have an Easy Go cart with a utility box on the back....whether diectly on my property or a project site nearby or along the road...many times it is much easier and faster for me to leave the tractor and use my cart for running back and forth from project site to the tool shed etc...

Until I bought the tractor the golf cart was the best thing I had ever bought for making life easier around our mountainous river retreat...

The utility box allows me to cary a lot more tools etc as well as general tractor maintainence equipment...

just curious how many others have golf carts for getting around their property...

/ Golf carts as support vehicles... #3  
I have a Bad Boy Buggy, nothing more than a beefed up golf cart. It gets far more use than the tractor. I removed the rear seats and built a bed for it. Great for getting around the farm and general farm work. Makes fencing MUCH easier, as I can have everything I may need right there, plus the winch works well for stretching wire.

/ Golf carts as support vehicles... #4  
A lot of people go to UTV's without even considering golf carts. Big mistake. I prefer the golf carts. UTV's are nice, golf carts are magic.

Easy, in and out, easy go, rugged enough and way cheaper. I was a convert and I've made a couple more converts out of friends and family. Anyone buying a UTV should really do themselves a favor and test ride a cargo box golf cart too.

Joe

/ Golf carts as support vehicles... #5  
Had! one, got rid of it expecting to one day buy a Gator or some sort of UTV, then money went elsewhere:(
my cart was a converted Yamaha 4-stroke Gas engine I lift it and put larger Nobby tires, paint had to be no doubt JD green:thumbsup:
I know the Datsy gang sure misses it ;) I could no more then start walking toward the direction of the cart and all 4 of them be up in the seat waiting to get-a ride...
picture is before & after I lift it.

Last edited:
   / Golf carts as support vehicles... #6  
We have an ez-go. Bought it two years ago to go to and from the barn and to trailer to the golf course. We use it all the time. Its quiet operation also comes in handy scouting deer in the off-season.

I agree. For $1500 for a nice used electric model, more people ought to look at em. Especially when a gator 2X4 bare is $5 grand.

/ Golf carts as support vehicles... #7  
The owner of the place where I'm removing eucalyptus trees has a golf cart with a small utility box on the back. It is a storehouse for chain saws, cable, rope, gas mix, oil, pulleys, chain, you name it. It is quite handy to have what is needed right there and mobile besides.

It is also a comfortable place to plop down when taking a break. His excuse is that he has congestive heart failure, a pacemaker, and tires quickly. But it really is a place to sit and smoke cigars for him.

/ Golf carts as support vehicles... #8  
Anyone else use a golf cart as a means to get to and from their tractors or tractor barns?

I have an Easy Go cart with a utility box on the back....whether diectly on my property or a project site nearby or along the road...many times it is much easier and faster for me to leave the tractor and use my cart for running back and forth from project site to the tool shed etc...

Until I bought the tractor the golf cart was the best thing I had ever bought for making life easier around our mountainous river retreat...

The utility box allows me to cary a lot more tools etc as well as general tractor maintainence equipment...

just curious how many others have golf carts for getting around their property...

I'm looking for a UTV to carry a boom sprayer. I found out this year with all the rain (Nov-May is our rainy season) the my big tractor, 54 hp Mahindra 5525, is not the best tool for applying post-emergence herbicide to soggy fields. Something smaller with high flotation wheels is the ticket. Maybe a golf cart will do the trick--I only have 6 acres to spray.

/ Golf carts as support vehicles...
It is also a comfortable place to plop down when taking a break
I hear that...and it's a fact... very comfortable seat with a sun canopy...even better if there's a cooler and refreshing beverage...After mowing or working in the garden I'll pull the cart down to a shady spot on the river bank and chill out...

It is a storehouse for chain saws, cable, rope, gas mix, oil, pulleys, chain, you name it.
...I keep all of the above and too many other things in my box to name...
I do wish I had a weather cover for the box though...

FWIW...I do detail the golf cart but not the tractor...

/ Golf carts as support vehicles... #10  
A lot of people go to UTV's without even considering golf carts. Big mistake. I prefer the golf carts. UTV's are nice, golf carts are magic.

Easy, in and out, easy go, rugged enough and way cheaper. I was a convert and I've made a couple more converts out of friends and family. Anyone buying a UTV should really do themselves a favor and test ride a cargo box golf cart too.

Joe

I have limited mobility and have to have something to get down to the barn to my tractors. I will take my Rhino or Mule over a golf cart every time. I have a 25 gallon sprayer in it or room for chain saws, tools, deer, fuel and a 4WD is a must have where I live. For simple transport a golf cart might be fine, but a UTV/RUV will do it all.

My neighbor traded his golf cart for a Mule last year. Of the first four houses on my road three have a UTV/RUV.