Dirt Moving Worked on the slope with the FEL

/ Worked on the slope with the FEL #1  

dex3361

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L4400-1 HST,FEL, 3x3 remotes, TNT. BX1500 54 mmm
Worked the L4400 on the slopes with the FEL

I had posted a while back about the Sub Soiler(SS) on the FEL and I posted some pics of the hill side that I loosened up early in the winter. Spring is when I can do alot of dirt work without stressing the machine because the soil is loose.

The first pic is of a small part of the slope right after I run the SS through it.

The second pic is of the SS sunk into the ground. I couldnt push this through the ground like you can pull it from the rear I had to push it in and curl it back or not sink it all the way down. It does work well for rooting things out of the ground.

Attachments

• HPIM2008a.jpg
    HPIM2008a.jpg
    347.8 KB · Views: 391
  • HPIM2005a.JPG
    HPIM2005a.JPG
    320.9 KB · Views: 434
Last edited:
   / Worked on the slope with the FEL #2  
What are you trying to accomplish on this slope?

/ Worked on the slope with the FEL
Filling in some low places and a big area that drops off about 6 feet. I want to smooth it out so that I can rotary cut it all instead of just patches of it.

/ Worked on the slope with the FEL #4  
Would you be using your bucket then to smooth it out, or are you planning on using something else?

I have a tooth bar and a Box Blade that I normally use for dirt work. That combination has served me well.

Here is a few pics of the slope with the dirt work in progress.

Attachments

• HPIM2151a.jpg
    HPIM2151a.jpg
    520.4 KB · Views: 327
  • HPIM2163a.jpg
    HPIM2163a.jpg
    472.6 KB · Views: 315
   / Worked on the slope with the FEL #6  
Looks like you did a great job, pretty country there!

This was the part that made me nervous and it is steeper than it looks. I will mow this down only when I get the grass to grow on it.

I did most of this work a few weeks ago and the grass is coming in nicely.

Attachments

• HPIM2194a.jpg
    HPIM2194a.jpg
    656.8 KB · Views: 346
  • HPIM2197a.jpg
    HPIM2197a.jpg
    638.8 KB · Views: 341
Looks like you did a great job, pretty country there!

Thanks I like it here. The hills get into your blood as opposed to the lesser desired getting your blood into the hills.:laughing:

/ Worked on the slope with the FEL #9  
I was born and raised on a flatland farm, but now live in the hills; still own the old place. I have been doing slope work for well over twenty years and it still makes me nervous. I don't know if I would have the nerve to do what you are; good job.

Thanks. I have worked tractors since I was a teen and around there is steep and less steep and a flat area leading to steep again.:D I take safety seriously wear my seat belt and go slow and low. The places that scare me are the ones that don't have a place to slide to, if you slide you go over a drop off.