Best tractor or utility vehicle for kids

/ Best tractor or utility vehicle for kids #1  

RayCo

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX24, Case 580 Super L
OK, perhaps this is a bit off topic here. My daughter will be turning four this summer, and one of the things she wants for her birthday is a tractor or utility vehicle of some kind. I'm talking about the ones made for little kids that run on batteries. She has a little Cub Cadet tractor that she got for her second birthday, and while she hasn't outgrown it yet, she will soon.

So, what I'm wondering is if there are any vehicles out there that are more obscure than the typical ones you'd find at Toys r Us and the like. It seems most of the "mainstream" vehicles out there all have plastic wheels. Does anyone know of any lesser known companies that make similar vehicles for kids that are perhaps a bit more rugged and capable? We live on a very hilly property, so traction is often an issue for her on the Cub Cadet. And she's still a few years away from anything gas powered, like a little ATV.

Thanks

/ Best tractor or utility vehicle for kids #2  
Got my grandson a JD from TSC. It's one of the best toys he's gotten. He's had it for a couple of years and still gets a kick out of it. Whenever he comes for a visit he pretty much lives on our tractors.

/ Best tractor or utility vehicle for kids
Thanks, RPW. That seems to be the same as the other things out there, in that it's the standard 6V system, but I'm fairly certain that is all that exists now. I had not seen this one before, and it's quite cool that it has the loader and backhoe, so this could be the one. Thank you!

Now if I can just paint it Kubota orange. :)

/ Best tractor or utility vehicle for kids #4  
Paint it orange and it may lose value right away :D

/ Best tractor or utility vehicle for kids #7  
I just love the razor quad. Rubber, air filled tires, 12 volt battery, climbs hills, runs continuously over an hour. I think it run about 12 mph, which was a good speed for my four year old once she got used to it. She's still riding it now at 6 years old. She can ride along side her older sisters china quad in the mud etc but not as fast. I did have to replace the 70 dollar battery once since I've had it. I think you can get the razor on sale most of the time for between 3 and 4 hundred at Walmart and online.

/ Best tractor or utility vehicle for kids #8  
My son has had a Gator since he was 3 or 4. The company that makes them sells replacement parts and is great to deal with. They offer phone support and help trouble shoot problems. He's used it HARD, hauling full heaping loads of mulch, sod, brick, crushed stone, soil. But he does take care of it, and it has never been left out in the weather. That Gator should not be alive, but it still is. We've replaced several parts including wheel motors, switches, wheels, etc etc. He's now 11, and while he can't fit on it anymore, he still plays with it all the time. He plays Mechanic with it. He jacks it up and removes the wheels to flip them as they wear. Removes the seats, bed, etc.. Winches it off the floor to perform all sorts of "repairs" while I'm in the shop working. It was the best money we ever spent on a toy, and I can't say enough about the Gator. I've looked all over for a step up from that plastic toy, with no luck. I think the next step is a small golf cart with a bed.

/ Best tractor or utility vehicle for kids #9  
I just love the razor quad. Rubber, air filled tires, 12 volt battery, climbs hills, runs continuously over an hour. I think it run about 12 mph, which was a good speed for my four year old once she got used to it. She's still riding it now at 6 years old. She can ride along side her older sisters china quad in the mud etc but not as fast. I did have to replace the 70 dollar battery once since I've had it. I think you can get the razor on sale most of the time for between 3 and 4 hundred at Walmart and online.

Then after that you can step up to the RZR 170 and when they get real big the RZR LE with EPS.

David Kb7uns

/ Best tractor or utility vehicle for kids #10  
........I've looked all over for a step up from that plastic toy, with no luck. I think the next step is a small golf cart with a bed.

Step him up to a Gator 4x2. My grandkids really enjoy mine, and have been running it around the farm for years, since they were 11. They learn discipline, driving, danger, fun, and respect. Even learn what a choke is (almost a lost art anymore).

Attachments

• Deere_lineup_c.JPG
    Deere_lineup_c.JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 169