Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota BX24

Default Best tractor or utility vehicle for kids

OK, perhaps this is a bit off topic here. My daughter will be turning four this summer, and one of the things she wants for her birthday is a tractor or utility vehicle of some kind. I'm talking about the ones made for little kids that run on batteries. She has a little Cub Cadet tractor that she got for her second birthday, and while she hasn't outgrown it yet, she will soon.

So, what I'm wondering is if there are any vehicles out there that are more obscure than the typical ones you'd find at Toys r Us and the like. It seems most of the "mainstream" vehicles out there all have plastic wheels. Does anyone know of any lesser known companies that make similar vehicles for kids that are perhaps a bit more rugged and capable? We live on a very hilly property, so traction is often an issue for her on the Cub Cadet. And she's still a few years away from anything gas powered, like a little ATV.

Thanks
    Ray
    BX24

Default Re: Best tractor or utility vehicle for kids

Got my grandson a JD from TSC. It's one of the best toys he's gotten. He's had it for a couple of years and still gets a kick out of it. Whenever he comes for a visit he pretty much lives on our tractors.
    2008 JD 5103, FEL, 6' Frontier, 6' HD boxblade, 7' Landscape rake, More impliments to come, Bobcat (clark) 742 SS.

Tractor
    Kubota BX24

Thanks, RPW. That seems to be the same as the other things out there, in that it's the standard 6V system, but I'm fairly certain that is all that exists now. I had not seen this one before, and it's quite cool that it has the loader and backhoe, so this could be the one. Thank you!

Now if I can just paint it kubota orange.
    Ray
    BX24

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    JD 4300, JD X485 JD 4x2 Gator, JD 425, JD455

Paint it orange and it may lose value right away

Tractor
    Kubota BX24

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Paint it orange and it may lose value right away
    But its performance and durability will double.
    Ray
    BX24

Texas - from the brush and pear to the piney woods
    Tractor
    John Deere 110 TLB

We bought our grandson a battery operated Gator. He loves it. Helps to throw a bag of play sand in the bed to help traction.

Tractor
    KUBOTA L 2800

I just love the razor quad. Rubber, air filled tires, 12 volt battery, climbs hills, runs continuously over an hour. I think it run about 12 mph, which was a good speed for my four year old once she got used to it. She's still riding it now at 6 years old. She can ride along side her older sisters china quad in the mud etc but not as fast. I did have to replace the 70 dollar battery once since I've had it. I think you can get the razor on sale most of the time for between 3 and 4 hundred at Walmart and online.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Case DX55, Ford 850

My son has had a Gator since he was 3 or 4. The company that makes them sells replacement parts and is great to deal with. They offer phone support and help trouble shoot problems. He's used it HARD, hauling full heaping loads of mulch, sod, brick, crushed stone, soil. But he does take care of it, and it has never been left out in the weather. That Gator should not be alive, but it still is. We've replaced several parts including wheel motors, switches, wheels, etc etc. He's now 11, and while he can't fit on it anymore, he still plays with it all the time. He plays Mechanic with it. He jacks it up and removes the wheels to flip them as they wear. Removes the seats, bed, etc.. Winches it off the floor to perform all sorts of "repairs" while I'm in the shop working. It was the best money we ever spent on a toy, and I can't say enough about the Gator. I've looked all over for a step up from that plastic toy, with no luck. I think the next step is a small golf cart with a bed.

Tractor
    Kubota X 4

Quote Originally Posted by woodchuckie View Post
    I just love the razor quad. Rubber, air filled tires, 12 volt battery, climbs hills, runs continuously over an hour. I think it run about 12 mph, which was a good speed for my four year old once she got used to it. She's still riding it now at 6 years old. She can ride along side her older sisters china quad in the mud etc but not as fast. I did have to replace the 70 dollar battery once since I've had it. I think you can get the razor on sale most of the time for between 3 and 4 hundred at Walmart and online.
    Then after that you can step up to the RZR 170 and when they get real big the RZR LE with EPS.

David Kb7uns
    Grand L3130GST LA723 Loader, ATI grapple, ATI grapple bucket, WR Long front remote, Kubota rear remotes, Bradco 408 Backhoe with thumb, 60"KK brush hog, 60" RM Finish Mower, Speeco Post Auger, 72" KK rear blade, 60" box blade
    BX2230 LA211, RCK60, GCK60 Bagger,42"Land Pride Tiller, XB BB, XB RB, rake, Fimco 3PT sprayer
    G2160 RCK60 Mower
    RTV1100 Orange, Work Lights, Front Rear Winch,Rear Screen, High Mount air cleaner, water seperator
    2010 Polaris RZR 800 S
    2007 CAN AM Outlander 800 LTD

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    JD 4300, JD X485 JD 4x2 Gator, JD 425, JD455

Quote Originally Posted by Ford850 View Post
    ........I've looked all over for a step up from that plastic toy, with no luck. I think the next step is a small golf cart with a bed.
    Step him up to a Gator 4x2. My grandkids really enjoy mine, and have been running it around the farm for years, since they were 11. They learn discipline, driving, danger, fun, and respect. Even learn what a choke is (almost a lost art anymore).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -deere_lineup_c-jpg  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast