Tires Turf tires - traction?

/ Turf tires - traction? #31  
I wish I had 2 sets of tires....I have Ag's and they are great for the winter but, I wish come April I could just change them out and go with turf's through the summer and fall......ding ding ding ding $$$$$$$$$.:laughing:

No question that you will not have the traction that you get out of your Ag's.

Not to hi-jack the thread but.....How many operators have 2 sets of tires on rims for different seasons.??

Raises hand!

I snagged the second set, R1s, for $200! I kept thinking the State Police were behind me on the way home.

/ Turf tires - traction? #32  
FYI, Kubota has 3 sets of turfs, standard, deluxe, and galaxy. The standard turfs are sub par. I have the deluxe, very aggressive and deep tread pattern. The galaxy are for golf course duty. If you see the grand L series brochure, they show the deluxe turfs in thier pictues. Philip.

Thanks! That I did not know, I wonder which we have on our B?

We use the Turfs from April to November, never any problem except in MUD. Used them for the BB, mowing, ripper, shredder, rear blade and of course mowing. They did NOT work, not even "ok" for tiller operation, but the reverse rotation was a major part of that issue I think.

I wasn't worried about flipping the B with turfs, I definately AM WORRIED with the R1s.

/ Turf tires - traction? #33  
Kind of a "Me too", although at the time I thought I invented the plural sets strategy.
It just popped into my mind that if a 3 way choice was available then dealers would probably have new take off sets - perhaps for cheap.

I still maintain that loaded R4s beat out loaded R1s in many/most situations, basically the extra width, extra volume for the rears (more ballast gallons) and higher load rating for the fronts (FEL) just WIN.
Only reason for R1s might be row spacing, but those are problems for a different tractors.

I can see having only turfs, even here in the North East, but I would want chains to go along with them.
Chains seem to mostly disappear in between the lugs on R4s and R1s, though they do work.

/ Turf tires - traction? #34  
I have the R1 tires that my NorTrac 254 came with. I bought the Turf Tire set for it, at the same time. I can change them out in 30 minutes. Not a big issue. I find that the Turf Tires do a better all around job than the R1. I use my tractor to Mow the front 4 acres,plow the driveways, built a driveway, and logging firewood. Tilling the garden works better with the R1 than the Turfs. Open ground, R1 win hands down. I love the fact I got both sets. The only thing I can't coment on are R4tires. I've only used them on Skid Steers. That's a whole nother animal.

Attachments

• NorTrac 254  tractor and 60 inch Country Line Box Blade 002 (Small).jpg
    NorTrac 254 tractor and 60 inch Country Line Box Blade 002 (Small).jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 98
  • DSCF0178 (Small).JPG
    DSCF0178 (Small).JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 100
  • Jinma 6 Wood Chipper 004 (Small).jpg
    Jinma 6 Wood Chipper 004 (Small).jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 122
  • Wilson Property Village Tree 054 (Small).jpg
    Wilson Property Village Tree 054 (Small).jpg