251 flathead 6/chrysler/dodge wiring.

/ 251 flathead 6/chrysler/dodge wiring. #1  

VroomVroom

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2816 HST, Super M farmall, J5 bombardier, 230 timber jack skidder
Hello, I have a couple of 251 flathead 6 chrysler/dodge engines. They work fine, but the wiring is a mess. I was looking to re-wire them. There isnt much to it, but as Im not near them at the moment due to work, I was wondering if anyone new of the proper wiring for them. Currently, I have some with built in internal regulators, and some without. The only instrumentation I have on them is amp meter, and oil gauge. A solenoid and key ignition. Thats it, ....so could anyone off hand tell me the wiring for these two gauges, ignition, solenoid, starter and wires from the alternator. That would be all thats reguired. Simple set up. Thanks. You can email me at unclemat @ the hot place.

/ 251 flathead 6/chrysler/dodge wiring.
I take it this is harder then I expected.

/ 251 flathead 6/chrysler/dodge wiring. #3  
Hello
It is a simple setup, but I can't tell you off the top of my head how to do it.
Be patient and one of the guys that do restorations will be along and can tell you.

/ 251 flathead 6/chrysler/dodge wiring. #4  
Check your email. Good Luck

SimS

/ 251 flathead 6/chrysler/dodge wiring.
Hello, Thanks for the help. Sims I check my emails but didnt receive anything. Thanks everyone for the help.

/ 251 flathead 6/chrysler/dodge wiring. #7  
OK. I guess the email address didn't work. I sent you a PM.

/ 251 flathead 6/chrysler/dodge wiring. #8  
Hello, I have a couple of 251 flathead 6 chrysler/dodge engines. They work fine, but the wiring is a mess. I was looking to re-wire them. There isnt much to it, but as Im not near them at the moment due to work, I was wondering if anyone new of the proper wiring for them. Currently, I have some with built in internal regulators, and some without. The only instrumentation I have on them is amp meter, and oil gauge. A solenoid and key ignition. Thats it, ....so could anyone off hand tell me the wiring for these two gauges, ignition, solenoid, starter and wires from the alternator. That would be all thats reguired. Simple set up. Thanks. You can email me at unclemat @ the hot place.

If you are sell your two 251 engines, I may be interested. What year model are they? What is your asking price? My location is near Victoria, Texas. email me at: ron.pereida@yahoo.com