question to the experts

/ question to the experts #1  

scottf92

I found a kubota 3130 very reasonabe, 300 hrs for 7500.00 will it run a large hay bailer (round) I have about 60 acres that I will hay when I retire just dont want to have to buy something bigger later?? just needing a general utility that will do alot, brush hop use the loader etc for now but want to use it for more in a few years. THANKS

/ question to the experts #2  
That's pretty cheap, so be very careful it's not a scam.
If you found it on Craigslist or eBay and it is local (within reasonable driving distance, go take a look at it, if you'd like. Have cash in hand.
If the "owner" mentions he or she can ship it or something like that...don't walk...RUN the other way.

However, as nice a tractor as that little Kubota is, it's a little tractor for 60 acres. Doubt it has the PTO HP to run a bailer. You'd probably regret buying it.

The farmers on TBN will chip in sooner or later, and I think most will suggest a minimum of 60 HP and a considerably larger tractor.

/ question to the experts
Thanks Roy, thats kinda what I was thinkin, it's a local business so I am not too concerned about a scam will take it wiith me if I buy it, I may just get it for the little stuff and then resell later for even money to put down for a bigger one later when I start hayin!! Thanks again, the PTO is only 24hp so I am sure that is too small, but price is very tempting!!!!!
That's pretty cheap, so be very careful it's not a scam.
If you found it on Craigslist or eBay and it is local (within reasonable driving distance, go take a look at it, if you'd like. Have cash in hand.
If the "owner" mentions he or she can ship it or something like that...don't walk...RUN the other way.

However, as nice a tractor as that little Kubota is, it's a little tractor for 60 acres. Doubt it has the PTO HP to run a bailer. You'd probably regret buying it.

The farmers on TBN will chip in sooner or later, and I think most will suggest a minimum of 60 HP and a considerably larger tractor.

/ question to the experts #4  
Thanks Roy, thats kinda what I was thinkin, it's a local business so I am not too concerned about a scam will take it wiith me if I buy it, I may just get it for the little stuff and then resell later for even money to put down for a bigger one later when I start hayin!! Thanks again, the PTO is only 24hp so I am sure that is too small, but price is very tempting!!!!!

I too was thinking along the lines of the Kubota can very useful for now, and be a good starting point for you to judge how much more tractor you might eventually need.

Once you truly do need more HP, you should be able to sell it break even, or not lose much at all. You would at least get your money's worth out of it, assuming no major malfunctions.

The only negative I can see is that most of the implements that will fit the Kubota will likely not fit a tractor in the 60hp range so then you have to go about the business of upgrading some/most/if not all of your attachments. Then again, by that time you may decide you want/need tractors of two different sizes for the different tasks you will be doing.

Good luck with whatever you decide though.