3-Point Hitch 3-Point Hitch Question

/ 3-Point Hitch Question #1  

Gizmo2

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 2320
Why do most people leave the 3ph arms in the lower position when they have no attachments on? I hate to say it but I have been wondering this for a long time.

/ 3-Point Hitch Question #2  
Why do most people leave the 3ph arms in the lower position when they have no attachments on? I hate to say it but I have been wondering this for a long time.

Guess I am not "most people" because I don't leave the 3PH arms down. NOTE: On Kubota BX models the arms go up and down with MMM so if you see someone mowing it would look like the arms are down all the time. Also on my BX the weight of the MMM will cause the 3PH to drift down over night so again if it is just sitting it will look like the arms are down.

Not sure if JD, NH, etc have this same condition or not.

Roy

/ 3-Point Hitch Question #3  
Hey there are just your upper and downer types too. :D

/ 3-Point Hitch Question #4  
Cause _ What goes up, Mustcome down :laughing:

/ 3-Point Hitch Question #5  
Never do I do that.

What to compare it to.??......That's like driveing around with your gas cap hanging over the side of your truck.!!

Big no no.

/ 3-Point Hitch Question #6  
Never do I do that.

What to compare it to.??......That's like driveing around with your gas cap hanging over the side of your truck.!!

Big no no.

... or using a lathe while wearing a neck tie and not tucking it under your shirt. Does that show my age? Backing up with arms down looks to me to be begging to get all tangled up in low lying limbs, high riding ledge, renegade wire, you name it.

/ 3-Point Hitch Question #7  
I never really thought about it, because it seems like I always have something attached - Cutter, or box-blade...Both of which I use for additional ballast when using the FEL.

I have seen a lot of tractors running around with the arms down though...Perhaps because that's the position they were last in when 3ph implements were removed???

/ 3-Point Hitch Question #8  

My guess is, once they drop an implement off, they just don't think about raising the 3ph.
I normally leave mine raised, but yesterday, after dropping the mower off and hooking the spring between the lower links, I just backed into the garage with the links lowered...never thought anything about it.

/ 3-Point Hitch Question #9  
I'm also one that always raises the 3pt lower arms. Been doing it that way for over 40+ years now. Don't know why,:confused3: just what I've always done.

/ 3-Point Hitch Question #10  
It is rare there is nothing on the back but I run with it up and empty but when it is parked the 3 pt empty or not as well as the fel is always down.