Need to impress wife w/ new tractor-backhoe

/ Need to impress wife w/ new tractor-backhoe #11  
Thomas:
Morning
If he does that he should probably have a suitcase prepacked and hidden down the road.
Egon

/ Need to impress wife w/ new tractor-backhoe #12  
I wrestled with the same dilemma, but very little impresses my wife. She continues to consider my tractor (L3010, FEL, BH, RFM, winch, blade, rake) my personal "toy," despite all the work I've done with Clementine over the years. I can do a great job transplanting trees, crowning the road, leveling the driveway, removing stumps she has long complained about, etc...and all she remembers is the time I hit the house, the time I ran over her apple tree, the time I mowed her flowers (no blooms at the time, the iris looked like fat grass to me), and the time I removed a huge boulder leaving a hole into which she drove the Pathfinder.

Can't win, so just have fun.

Pete

/ Need to impress wife w/ new tractor-backhoe #13  
one word of advice, when trying to impress her stay away from anything breakable till u learn how th work that thing., nother words don't go near house, garage, cars, . i made that mistake once and i stiil hear about it/w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

/ Need to impress wife w/ new tractor-backhoe #14  
Just got mine (er... ours) a couple of weeks ago. My wife was born and raised in New Jersey, so never had been on a tractor, much less having one as part of the family. What impressed her the most was my showing her how to run it and letting her do some shredding. She had a blast, all the way up to the point where she got to see how a sheer bolt works (and why). I honestly thought I'd picked a pretty level, clear place to shred, but she still managed to do it. I don't know how much more she's going to want to "work" with the tractor, but I bought a half dozen sheer bolts, just in case /w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif.

/ Need to impress wife w/ new tractor-backhoe #15  
A few weeks ago Wifey was quite impressed with how I took a 12 ton pile of stone and turned it into a parking area. She even quipped that mebbe I should have been an equipment orerator. About half an hour later, I whacked the post light with the FEL while engrossed with what was happening at the other end of the tractor............................chim

/ Need to impress wife w/ new tractor-backhoe #16  
The day mine arrived, I took out three cedar boards on the fence between my neighbor and me, also with the FEL. I too, was watching the other end. Luckily, I had a few "extras" in the shed. The worst part was my neighbor laughing as the boards were being splintered. In this case, having a good fence didn't make a good neighbor. Of course, he couldn't be too mean, since he knows I'll remember it when he wants to use it for something.

/ Need to impress wife w/ new tractor-backhoe
Well, got 9 hours seat time, CFO asked what I had done told her - reworked driveway, removed 5 stumps and 2 trees. expecting wife to be impressed but her responce "WHY". Guess I'll try again.

Neighbors did ask me to help with thier driveway.

/ Need to impress wife w/ new tractor-backhoe #18  
The best advice I can give is do what is pleasing to the eye. Being a woman myself, help her to find the value in what you do. Encourage her to drive the tractor and perhaps, complete a couple tasks with it that would have taken her some time to complete. Pretty soon, you may need his and her tractors.

/ Need to impress wife w/ new tractor-backhoe #19  
AuCivil
Try building a water garden. A very pleasing site when finished. Check out my pictures at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/ronfisherman/lst?.dir=/Pond&.view=t>THIS PAGE</A>. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Need to impress wife w/ new tractor-backhoe #20  
I agree w/you 100%..encourage w//w3tcompact/icons/love.gif..but not to much still like my seat time. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif