Need to impress wife w/ new tractor-backhoe

/ Need to impress wife w/ new tractor-backhoe #1  

AuCivil

Silver Member
Tractor
JD4710
Need some ideas.

Getting my tractor in the morning (JD4710, Loader w/4-in-1, JD48 Backhoe, mx6) and need to impress CFO to justify purchase. I've made promises involving landscaping, hogging etc... Any ideas on showy projects?

/ Need to impress wife w/ new tractor-backhoe #2  
Ask her where she wants the new pond dug.

/ Need to impress wife w/ new tractor-backhoe #3  
You could start out by leveling and adding drainage for the new tractor shed/barn/workshop/garden shed. Have you mentioned that her car may have to stay outside until you get the tractor storage built.

/ Need to impress wife w/ new tractor-backhoe #4  
Well...

If yours is like mine they see through what you do and accuse you of playing rather than working, regardless of what you accomplish...

Worst of all, they are right!

Good luck...everyone should have an unattainable goal, I suppose...

Bill

/ Need to impress wife w/ new tractor-backhoe #5  
<font color=blue>"Worst of all, they are right"</font color=blue>

Yeah... Don't you just hate it when that happens? /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Need to impress wife w/ new tractor-backhoe #6  
Got any ugly stumps? overgrown fencerows? Brushy tangles? Find somthing along these lines on your property in a fairly visible area and clean it out.... Fencerows seem to make the biggest impression change in my experience.

/ Need to impress wife w/ new tractor-backhoe #7  
I say dig her a little lily & frog pond.

There's nothing more impressive (and operator satisfying) then digging up something with the backhoe. Anyone who's ever leaned on a shovel, even wives, will appreciate the work being done when they see a bucket full of dirt ripped out of the ground and deposited at their feet.

Whatever you do, you'll win her over pretty quick. Trust me.
And have fun with your new toy,,,errr tool.

Dave Perry

/ Need to impress wife w/ new tractor-backhoe #8  
Now thats a tough one. /w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif
How about doing the projects in which your wife has always wanted done first..flower garden,remove a rock or two,fix the or redo the driveway..that way she is pleased and you shall get even more seat time. /w3tcompact/icons/clever.gif/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Need to impress wife w/ new tractor-backhoe #9  
Really impress her!!!
Start landscaping and dig up the phone or gas line. That's bound to get her attention.

Egon

/ Need to impress wife w/ new tractor-backhoe #10  
That would do it Egon..but hitting her car w/the fel or forgetting about her flower garden while tractoring..well I think that would raise both /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif browse. /w3tcompact/icons/mad.gif