Tools to Carry on the Tractor

/ Tools to Carry on the Tractor #1  

Turfman

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B2710
OK, I don't have a big tool box mounted, and don't really want one. I just have the under the seat box Kubota has on the B series.

What tools are you guys carrying on the tractor itself?

Here's my list:
Cresent for the top and side links
Spare lynch pins for the 3 point
Pliers
PVC cutter (landscaper who runs over sprinkler lines all day)

Anything you guys find useful or essential?

/ Tools to Carry on the Tractor #2  
I just lung common tools. /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif
Hammer,Adjustable wrench,6in1 screwdriver,roll of black electric tape,vise grips,good sharp knife..plus some extra pins and washers,for the B7100 doesn't have a very big tool compartment to begin with. /w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif

/ Tools to Carry on the Tractor #3  
Thomas,

You forgot the most important tape!! Duct Tape..

I also carry a rake as it seems to be the one tool that is used to repair the areas I play, err work on..

Carl

/ Tools to Carry on the Tractor #4  
/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif..and I do keep the York rake handy when I'm done {making a mess}puttering. /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Tools to Carry on the Tractor #5  
A good pair of wire cutters. Last year I was trying to clean up next to an old fence row and backed up onto an old bedspring. Talk about a making a mess in the rotory mower!

/ Tools to Carry on the Tractor #6  
<font color=blue>Anything you guys find useful or essential? </font color=blue>

Maybe it's just me, but in addition to tools I carry a first-aid kit. /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ Tools to Carry on the Tractor #7  
Ok, now I'm not alone. Don't laugh guys, but I have a fire extinguisher mounted to a rops upright, a first aid kit behind the seat ( next to the folding roadside triangles, in case you break down ). In my tool box.. ( a NH 1920 has a small.. long narrow box ) I carry a small hammer, an assortment of lynch cotter and top link pins, a pair of pliers.. that double as emergency wir cutters, a cresent wrench, a small pipe wrench, and a screwdriver with both philips/standard bit. The box doesn't close all the way, but i end up using those things all the time.

Soundguy

<font color=blue>Maybe it's just me, but in addition to tools I carry a first-aid kit.

/ Tools to Carry on the Tractor #8  
The fire extinguisher is a great idea!

/ Tools to Carry on the Tractor #9  
I've always carried a fire extinguisher in my car/truck and tractor since I had a car fire back in 1996. I was on the way from daytona to ocala coming back from a day at the beach. It was a hot summer, ac on max, radio going, etc.and traffic was flying down state road 40. If you wanted to pass in the passing zones you had to do 90. I pulled up to the first stop light in town, and noticed the car was stuttering. I pulled of fthe road into an auto zone store. I popped the hood with the car still going. At that point the car shut off, and fire erupted from the alternator. Before I could even move, the store manager was out there with a fire extinguisher. The fire was insistant about not going out, as it was still being fed by heat from a melting wire hooked to the battery. Amazingly enough, a tow truck pulled in beside me, and the guy jumped out with a pair of vise grips and pulled the battery cable loose.

This all took place in under a minute... Needless to say, I bought a replacement alternator from the store, and the tow truck guy gave me a great cash deal on the short tow down the road, as he was just comming off a call and was going home anyway.

About half an hour later I installed the new alternator and found that the pigtail harness is what caused the fire.

Ford must have known about this as the new alternator came with a *new* pigtail harness.. go figure...

So anyway, now i carry an extinguisher.. not so much for myself.. but maybee one day I can return the favor to someone in need, as others helped me in the past.

Soundguy