Tractor
    Kubota B2710

Default Tools to Carry on the Tractor

OK, I don't have a big tool box mounted, and don't really want one. I just have the under the seat box kubota has on the B series.

What tools are you guys carrying on the tractor itself?

Here's my list:
    Cresent for the top and side links
    Spare lynch pins for the 3 point
    Pliers
    PVC cutter (landscaper who runs over sprinkler lines all day)

Anything you guys find useful or essential?

Tractor
    Kubota L2800HST w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046

Default Re: Tools to Carry on the Tractor

I just lung common tools. [img]/w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif[/img]
    Hammer,Adjustable wrench,6in1 screwdriver,roll of black electric tape,vise grips,good sharp knife..plus some extra pins and washers,for the B7100 doesn't have a very big tool compartment to begin with. [img]/w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif[/img]

Tractor
    01 Kubota B21TLB, 2010 Ferris 52" ZTR, Cub Cadet 1811, Gravely Super8

Thomas,

You forgot the most important tape!! Duct Tape..

I also carry a rake as it seems to be the one tool that is used to repair the areas I play, err work on..

Carl

Tractor
    Kubota L2800HST w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046

[img]/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif[/img]..and I do keep the York rake handy when I'm done {making a mess}puttering. [img]/w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif[/img][img]/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Tractor
    NH TC33D

A good pair of wire cutters. Last year I was trying to clean up next to an old fence row and backed up onto an old bedspring. Talk about a making a mess in the rotory mower!

California - S.F. East Bay & Sierra foothills
    Tractor
    Kubota L2500DT Standard Transmission

<font color=blue>Anything you guys find useful or essential? </font color=blue>

Maybe it's just me, but in addition to tools I carry a first-aid kit. [img]/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

Ok, now I'm not alone. Don't laugh guys, but I have a fire extinguisher mounted to a rops upright, a first aid kit behind the seat ( next to the folding roadside triangles, in case you break down ). In my tool box.. ( a NH 1920 has a small.. long narrow box ) I carry a small hammer, an assortment of lynch cotter and top link pins, a pair of pliers.. that double as emergency wir cutters, a cresent wrench, a small pipe wrench, and a screwdriver with both philips/standard bit. The box doesn't close all the way, but i end up using those things all the time.

Soundguy

<font color=blue>Maybe it's just me, but in addition to tools I carry a first-aid kit.

cj7
    Gold Member
    Tractor
    L2500

The fire extinguisher is a great idea!

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

I've always carried a fire extinguisher in my car/truck and tractor since I had a car fire back in 1996. I was on the way from daytona to ocala coming back from a day at the beach. It was a hot summer, ac on max, radio going, etc.and traffic was flying down state road 40. If you wanted to pass in the passing zones you had to do 90. I pulled up to the first stop light in town, and noticed the car was stuttering. I pulled of fthe road into an auto zone store. I popped the hood with the car still going. At that point the car shut off, and fire erupted from the alternator. Before I could even move, the store manager was out there with a fire extinguisher. The fire was insistant about not going out, as it was still being fed by heat from a melting wire hooked to the battery. Amazingly enough, a tow truck pulled in beside me, and the guy jumped out with a pair of vise grips and pulled the battery cable loose.

This all took place in under a minute... Needless to say, I bought a replacement alternator from the store, and the tow truck guy gave me a great cash deal on the short tow down the road, as he was just comming off a call and was going home anyway.

About half an hour later I installed the new alternator and found that the pigtail harness is what caused the fire.

Ford must have known about this as the new alternator came with a *new* pigtail harness.. go figure...

So anyway, now i carry an extinguisher.. not so much for myself.. but maybee one day I can return the favor to someone in need, as others helped me in the past.

Soundguy