Mowing Worst thing run over with a mower

/ Worst thing run over with a mower #21  
When I used to commercial fish in alaska we would call it ghost fish. They would be in the net but if you tried to touch them they would melt. It was a smell that couldn't be washed away. It had to wear away.

/ Worst thing run over with a mower #22  
I've seen your picture a dozen times and just now figured out what you were holding in your hand. Now THATS funny, Mikim!....sounds like something I would do!

/ Worst thing run over with a mower #23  
My neighbor asked me if any of the "hats" I was shredding up ever sprouted.../w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ Worst thing run over with a mower #24  
Pay attention to what those utility guys are doing the next field over. When I was a kid the folks on the next farm decided to subdivide and had the zoning changed on the parcel that ran along the road. Things took longer than they thought and they weren't getting very many houses started. Meanwhile the fields went fallow. The county (nice folks) sited them for a weed violation (with the ag exemption now gone) and our former neighbors called from Florida and asked my Dad if he would cut it. No problem, out we go on a bright Saturday morning with a song in our hearts and the 6' bush hog wailing away. About 10 rows in BANG - FLASH - POW!!! The whole underside of the Cutter lit up bright white. Seems the electric company had already put in some of the underground feed lines to where the houses were supposed to be and boxed them in with concrete tiles that sat up about 10" off grade. Inside? Live underground power lines curled up nice and neat ready for a meter and a permit! The cutter blades made short work of the tiles and chopped through the live wires, shorting them out across the blades. Dad gave me a swing blade and had me walk the rest of the field in front of him to find the rest - we gave them a WIDE birth and called the power company. Ever heard of stakes and flagging boys?

/ Worst thing run over with a mower #25  
Well lets see. Last year, we had a new farier come over to do our horses. Well, he let one get away without having the nails in the shoes clinched on. When we caught the horse, it was missing 2 shoes... some lost in the pasture. I walked for an hour before I mowed, looking for those shoes.. said to myself.. I'll probably find them with the mower..... well I did. Within 5 minutes of mowing, I hit both shoes. Made big clangs, an spinning noise as it ejected each shoe. A big impressive gash on each horseshow, and of course deformed them. I ended up hammering them back flat, and nailed them to the barn for decoration.

Soundguy

/ Worst thing run over with a mower #26  
I don't know if this counts, but a buddy was out weedwacking an overgrown area one day. It was a hot day so he only had on some loose fitting jogging shorts, no shirt. He unknowlingly cut thru a big patch of poison ivy. He got it EVERYWHERE!

I can't decide which is my favorite story so far, the skunk or the electric boxes.

/ Worst thing run over with a mower #27  
<font color=red>It was a hot day so he only had on some loose fitting jogging shorts, no shirt. He unknowlingly cut thru a big patch of poison ivy. He got it EVERYWHERE!</font color=red>

Ah, ummm , /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif I did the same thing early this July./w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Worst thing run over with a mower #28  
<font color=blue>I can't decide which is my favorite story so far, the skunk or the electric boxes</font color=blue>

You've got admit that karmakanic's chainsaw is pretty bad, too. You would not have wanted to be around me if that were my chainsaw I had just run over.

Can't say that I've run over anything particularly unique. I am surprised however, that no one has mentioned the garden hose yet. I slashed my nice, pure rubber hose to pieces with my mower.

/ Worst thing run over with a mower #29  
My best is right along with the others that have mowed over ground hornets/wasps - whatever - stinging things.

Mowing on the golf course, diesel powered Steiner, front mount deck. Hot summer day. Shorts. Ouch. They were very unhappy. I did not wait around to see if they could out run a Steiner going backwards. Full throttle, deck still engaged, and me watching carefully from 2-3 hundred feet away. Now what. Boss is gonna kill me if I run that diesel out of fuel. Went back and got a pair of carharts, leather welding gloves, rubber boots, hat, and an old sweatshirt. Wrapped the sweatshirt around my head/neck and walked into the swarm. They were still VERY mad. At least 20-30 attempting to sting me and a hundred or so haveing their way with the Steiner. I climbed on and got the heck out of Dodge. Back at the 2-3 hundred foot viewing distance I pulled of all the layers. It was HOT under all that. And the really annoying part. We KNEW they were there. But now, we remember.

The only other was brushhogging near a utilitly pole. Ya, know those guy wires go up at an angle. Just because the fender missed does not mean the ROPS will. Brought the front of an L2850 up off the ground 6" or so, and rocked that pole quite a bit. That scared me.

/ Worst thing run over with a mower #30  
"Garden Hose"..does York rake count /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif talk about a mad dash to shut the main supply off. /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif