Mowing Worst thing run over with a mower

/ Worst thing run over with a mower #31  
Since I'm I can't really place the skunk the story in my favorite things catagory. I will have to go with the bowling ball through the garage wall story as my favorite.

/ Worst thing run over with a mower #32  
Does getting called out at around three in the morning to fix a brand new combine after the illegal alien driving it ran about fifty feet of fence line through the header and feeder box count?

/ Worst thing run over with a mower
Since we seem to be getting a little off track I thought I would share an incident my brother in laws parents had to deal with. First off they use to own a john deere dealer ship. Secondly they had several of some of the larger model Deeres sitting on the lot. Thirdly they USE to leave the keys in them. As you probably know if you have a deere the keys will probably fit everybody elses deere. Anyways my brother-in-law got woke up early one morning asking him to come get his tractor. You can imagine his amazement at 3 in the morning when he found not 1 but 2 of his tractors had been used in an attempt to destroy an ATM. Well the ATM was knocked of its foundation but everything was still in tact. It's not a mower story but I thought it was worth telling.

/ Worst thing run over with a mower #34  
Fascinating! How did the tractors fare? Lots of damage? Hardly a scratch?

Jim

/ Worst thing run over with a mower #35  
Ran over a bees nest once, that as a joy. also backed my bush hog over a 1" stainless steel rod that the power company had left in the ground, now that made some noise !!!and damaged the blades.

/ Worst thing run over with a mower
There was nothing wrong with either one. One of them had a FEL and I think the other was a very large 4 wheel drive.

/ Worst thing run over with a mower #37  
I have another turtle story, but this one doesn't have a nice ending. I hit a box turtle with my finish mower. It cut it right in half. Poor thing was still alive and trying to crawl off with it's 2 front feet while it's back half was just laying there. Gross. I ran up to the garage and grabbed my crowbar and clobbered it to put it out of it's misery. Unfortunately for me, blood and guts squirted all over me, including my face! I felt worse about the poor turtle than the mess on my face though /w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif.

/ Worst thing run over with a mower #38  
This is what happens when you hit a stump at full speed wile mowing.....

6-128203-decksmash.gif

My wife hit it last year. We have mowed over that place a ton of times, just one time, the stump jumped up./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif After about $100, and a big hammer, I got it all fixed.

/ Worst thing run over with a mower #39  
I have two mowing stories. Both times I was mowing hay with a 9' New Holland Discbine on a JD 4020.

The farm had a old Ford 8N. Somewhere along the line the left tire went flat and was replaced with a larger tire and rim. Wellll... I was mowing along in fifth gear when I hear this horrible banging. I stop the PTO and back up. Sure enough in 4' of grass is the old 8N tire. The discbine cut through the tire and steel rim completely.

The second incident was a deer. I do not think it was alive when I hit it but will never know for sure. I was mowing along and heard this awful clunking noise. Thought it was a woodchuck mound. Next pass there was a semi flattened mangled dear carcass in the hay windrow.

Not a mowing story but later that year I baled up a dead skunk.

JT

/ Worst thing run over with a mower #40  
Just curios is that bale still laying out in the feild?